Nrv And Splitting Gas Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently split my gas line to run 2 kegs, and put the nrv before the splitter. I keep same co2 volume for all my brews. Is this ok or should I have put in 2 seperate nrv's after the splitter???

Cheers

Hey all,

I recently split my gas line to run 2 kegs, and put the nrv before the splitter. I keep same co2 volume for all my brews. Is this ok or should I have put in 2 seperate nrv's after the splitter???

Cheers

It's obviously the cheaper option, and it's what I do. However the better option is to have 2 NRV's after the splitter, in case you force carb a keg at a much higher pressure and then add it into the system. It just prevents contamination of one keg from another via beer running up the gas line. Still, if you're careful, it's not a problem.

There's also possibly some issues with hop aromas passing from one keg to another? But I doubt to any significant extent.

BTW - some gas manifolds come with the NRV built in and are modular so that you can add to them as your keg system grows. It's a good option rather than having to buy a splitter and 2 NRV's.

On the feed line is the most important, it stops beer stuffing up the reg.

On the keg lines, it will allow you to carb up kegs without them sucking CO2 from each other.

I've only got one on the main feed line.

Good point by Kaiser Soze about the aroma passing between them. My water keg often ends up smelling like different beers.

Back