NRL And AFL Tipping Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want an AHB NRL and AFL Tipping Comp in 2005?

• I'm in for an NRL Tipping Comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm in for an AFL Tipping Comp

• I'm in for an AFL and NRL Tipping Comp

• Rugby Union is the only footy and I'm in that comp

• I'd rather just sink brews and just watch the game

• Footy sucks. I'm signing up on the knitting forums

• Total voters
It wasn't that long ago was it ????

"Fe Fi Fo Fum - come on Steve and win that scrum"......

Mid 70s to early/mid 80s. A top player. Wasn't a Sharkies fan but can tell class when I see it.

Shawn.

Ok guys, Im in too! :super:

But there might be a little desention in the Brice ranks this year........My wife has joined too!

C'arn the tigers! This year we are gunna make the 8! :super:

I'm definately in for the AFL tipping!!!! :super:

Go the SWANS :beer: :beer: :beer:

Hey gough we may be manly fans but at least were not bulldog fans ever been to a match with these animals?

lagernut said:
Hey gough we may be manly fans but at least were not bulldog fans ever been to a match with these animals?
[post="48402"][/post]​

Yep, too many. They beat the Knights in a semi in about 1998 at the SFS and it was pretty ugly getting out of the ground. I go to quite a few away games, and the only serious hassle I've ever had over the years has been from Bulldogs and Parra fans. I don't go to their grounds anymore...

Bring on the season! (and the tipping :p )

Shawn.

Your reply does not surprise me they are the pits + signing up BK will be an asset (if he does not get injured)at least we may be competitive this year top 8 hopefully

Cheers

I hope all you lot got your tips on!! I love the start of the footy season :beerbang:

Go You Mighty Knights!!!!

Shawn.

Well, 5/7 wasn't a bad start to the year's tipping for me. Pity about the (not so) mighty Knights though :(

There's always next week :beerbang:

Shawn.

How about them eagles looking good so far,hey gough joey johns looks like he needs a few more matches before he comes good,this weeks tipping looks interesting!!

AFL Comp starts this weekend

So all of you guys that showed interest, don't forget to sign up if you haven't already and get your tips in.
The AussieHomeBrewer.com AFL tipping comp had the most number of tipsters last year, and looks like it will be again this year. Just shows where the majority of our sport loving member base is from :lol:

Good luck with your tipping, and hope you enjoy having a cold craftbrew while watching the games.

Beers,
Doc

Don't forget to get your AFL tips in today. First game is tonight.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Don't forget to get your AFL tips in today. First game is tonight.

Beers,
Doc
[post="50490"][/post]​

Done!

Thanks Doc for the heads UP! :beer:

Bugger !

Just read this thread, logged into the AFL comp, went to put my first round of tips and was told the tipping was closed for this week 5 minutes ago...

(I'm thinking of firing off a rude email to mchitiea about it - its all his fault !!)

Goat said:
Bugger !

Just read this thread, logged into the AFL comp, went to put my first round of tips and was told the tipping was closed for this week 5 minutes ago...

(I'm thinking of firing off a rude email to mchitiea about it - its all his fault !!)
[post="50596"][/post]​

At least you can't blame me. I gave you two warnings this week :lol:

Beers,
Doc

SIDE NOTE: Us Brisvegas Aussie Rules Fans have got to be happy. I just saw an ad on tv saying all year we will be getting prime time games every saturday night.

When i first moved to QLD (10 years ago) you were pushing to get 1 game a week on the tube.

I put it all down to the birssy lions going well! Thanks Boys!

Could I be on a perfect round??? After a poor start, I'm back in the running with a share of the lead! :beerbang:

C'arn the cowboys, storm and dogs tomorrow and the mighty rabbits on Monday :super:

It's an easy game this tipping.... :p

Bricey said:
Could I be on a perfect round??? After a poor start, I'm back in the running with a share of the lead! :beerbang:

C'arn the cowboys, storm and dogs tomorrow and the mighty rabbits on Monday :super:

It's an easy game this tipping.... :p
[post="50930"][/post]​

I guess the dogs and storm let you down as well as the rabbits on Monday.
Still think tipping is easy ? :lol:

Another weekend of upsets in the NRL and a couple in the AFL.

Will be a mixed season at this rate.

Beers,
Doc

At least the Knights managed to beat the bye :lol: Hey, two points is two points...

Shawn.

Doc said:
Here are the details for the AFL and NRL AHB Tipping comps forf 2005.

Good luck.

Doc

Having just discovered this gem I will be a bit of a late starter Doc's 2005 NRL Tipping Comp. Having said that, I could do with a bit of help with my tipping (I'm in 10 comps on the web & look like getting the wooden spoon again this year in every one of them). :( :( . I'm trying to find a website that displays the NRL run-on teams on the Friday before each weekend's competition much like the sports pages in the newspapers do. Does such a site exist? Where is it? I neeeed it. :( :(

Back