Nowra Microbrewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I think poppa joe is trolling. Everyone that's had the pleasure of tasting it knows that hopdog makes the best beer in the world.

The only reason to go to Nowra... :icon_cheers:

There's a new great big seafood & meat co-op / that's opened up on the highway near the bridge.

Stopping in there on the way home from the south coast on Sunday afternoons to pickup fresh seafood, followed by picking up a loaf from Berry woodfired sourdough bakery is just the most awesome way to end a weekend away.

Now there's a micro to pickup some takeaways from, well that's just the icing on the cake. Thanks Nowra! :)

HopDog is awesome.

For anyone in brisbane, Archive have had rotating taps on for the last month.

Ham on Rye was the standout, but they were all good.

Dunno about the brewery/ bar side of things, but they are making some cracking beers.

Had the Ham on Rye a the Taphouse... Mmmmm.... Bacon...

Had a bottle too, not as bacon-y (thats now a word!!) but still nice...

Not Trolling... Sammus..
Looked forward to the opening,....But was disappointed...
As i said the tasters were useless..I may have been the only one to get a small amount..
If they make the best beer...I probably will never know...
I think they are only open on Saturday on the weekend..
Have to get your beer on the way down..Phoney..
Cheers
PJ

what, I was supposed to pay for the tasters .. sorry Tim!

Hope to drop in next saturday on way up to Rays and get some more into me.

As I recall, you no doubt made up for it in your takeaways.

As noted by other posters, love the beers coming out of Tim's big shed.

Ham on rye is what inspired me to order some smoked malt. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

Love the beers.

Dropped in there Xmas last year and got a few growlers filled,Tim and his Mrs are living the dream wish them all the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there a few months ago and Tim was happy to chat for almost an hour... and the beer was great.

No complaints here.

Unfortunately I've only tried "The Pale" which I picked up from Steve's Fine Wines at Berry (an awesome bottlo).

I was expecting another standard Aussie craft APA, good but a bit boring...

I was blown away! This beer was amazing! Can't wait to try the rest of the range (and more of the Pale)

Nothing expensive about the price either. On par with the avg aussie micro.

I've tried most of the beers and the only one I didn't like was the Belgian lawn mower beer, the rest were all great. I will hopefully get a chance to drop in next friday on the way to my oldies house.

Not Trolling... Sammus..
Looked forward to the opening,....But was disappointed...
As i said the tasters were useless..I may have been the only one to get a small amount..
If they make the best beer...I probably will never know...
I think they are only open on Saturday on the weekend..
Have to get your beer on the way down..Phoney..
Cheers
PJ

PJ,

There is no doubt that your experiences at the opening were a real bummer, but it looks like you are rating the occasion rather than the beers. None of us were at the opening so we can't comment on your experience.

But I have known Tim for more than a decade - way back when he used to brew at the Lord Nelson in Sydney. So he has some real brewing heritage to draw on now that he has his own joint open. I have also tasted some of his Hop Dog beers and they are full flavoured and well made.

If you have the opportunity to get to the brewery again I would suggest that you let Tim or Teaser know how unhappy you were about their 'Grand' opening and I am sure that they will only be too glad to make ammends.

That is the great thing about our local craft breweries - they will go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy their beers as much as they do.

Just tell Tim that Dave, Scotty and the Big fella sent you ;-)

Big Fridge..
You have hit the nail on the head....
My experiance was 2nd rate...
I am only saying...Things should have been better for the GRAND opening..
The amount of tasters we were served was LOUSY....
If i was opening a place like that i would put it on ...not skimp...
Take the loss now ..and make it later..
I have not criticized the beer ...But the lack of it..
My friend asked me ...IS HE KIDDING..
I tried to find out a few things ....BUT...
My friend will never go there again...
I wish Tim all the luck as well as you..
Cheers
PJ

Back