Now living in Tumut, NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carboy

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently moved to Tumut in NSW, just checking to see if there are any fellow brewers in the region who may like to catch up for a beer and a possible brew day.

PM me if you are in the area.

Cheers
Carboy

Nowhere near, but half you luck - magic part of Australia. Went there about 12 years ago then up to Selwyn for a tramp through the snow. As a Pom I'd heard of the Snowy Mountain Scheme - oh yes they drilled a couple of tunnels and put some pumps in, yeah right.

After visiting a couple of sites and a tour of a power station it took two days to scrape my jaw off the floor. Double tunnel you could drive a semi trailer in that was drilled through solid rock, equivalent distance of Brisbane to the Gold Coast and back, and that was just to service the dams, power stations, switching rooms that would fry a human in a tenth of a second like a cockroach if you open the door ..... wow.. and all in the 1950s.

You should get some good lagering weather there :p

tumut.jpg

Magic part of the world!

I lived on the other side of the mountain at Adaminaby for a while, working up at Selwyn for a few seasons and was fantastic.

And like Bribie said, you may need multiple heat belts!

I hope you own a motorcycle because you are at the gateway of some of the finest riding roads in Australia. The Snowy hi way for example between Tumut and Cooma on a brisk, bright day is simply transcendent.

I have a mate who's the chef at the Royal Hotel. I'll vouch for his dishes being way above regular pub fare. Got another mate there who's in the high end stone kitchen game.
So if you're after a good feed followed or perhaps some kitchen renovation, there's a start.

Back