Nov. 26/27 Ballarat Grog Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I get to the point where I start slurring 'the rain in schmain falls mainly on the plain' you may tuck me gently into bed.

Do you have gnomes in Ballarat?
**** yes we do...the pull to the underground gnomes is very strong indeed...they whisper at night.

Screw the weather. It's gonna be a good night. Just make sure it's still going when I get there this evening!

Its Fucken Pissin down here and has been all day, but **** IT theres beer to be drunked LETS PARTY

Good bunch of guys those Ballaratians.

Your dog is a big slobbery legend LF.

Cheers for a good weekend. Let me know next time you need a fire lit.

Thanks for coming fellas. Minimal clean up today, plenty of left over beer and snacks for the starving student haha.

Today I have been enjoying the pleasures...of nettles....

Ahh you guys been into the old salad finger ey? Oh how luv a rusty spoon...

Ahh you guys been into the old salad finger ey? Oh how luv a rusty spoon...

Damn straight, make sure you're at the next one haha!!!

Anyway: who left the brown PET with the white cap that contains an amazingly clear dark straw coloured brew with full on vanilla aroma and aftertaste and very little head?

I'd love to know who and what as it is bloody nice...

Also, who won the chimay blue raffle and left them here and thinks they are going to get any more than empty bottles back? Foolish.

Thanks to Colonel for the eggs - I had a brilliant lunch!

Also apologies to the latecomers and whoever I didn't get to mingle with - hosting that number of people keeps the mind busy fretting, and before I knew it I was hammered and too busy singing Willy Bum Bum (that and old Dio songs with Vic13) to know what day of the week it was.

times to finds my squishy boots

Well done, blokes, it was a hell of a night!

Big thanks to Lecterfan for putting it on, and for tea.

Also to Vic13 for cooking in the drizzle.

Also to Mesa99 for the raffle, the Punk IPA is a ball tearer!
I think the Chimay belongs to Chris? or Herbo?

Thanks to all who showed up and made it a good night, and sorry if I offended anyone (but not if you deserved it!)

Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers

cheers for a great night and a not so great head the day after....

I swallowed and cupped your nuts...what more could you want??? OOOHHHh you mean the headache. Sorry, the secret's out....

Someone left a blue wind/rain coat here too. Please let me know if/when you want it back.

P.s. to those who didn't get to try my swap beer on the night, it is pretty much carbed and will probably lose a bit of hop zing over the next few weeks. If you have room then I'd stick it in the fridge in another week or so in preparation if you are saving it for xmas day.

I am assuming most of you need the beer to be left until the end of the month?

Pommie_granite and Vic13 I know I leave yours until xmas, but some of the PET bottles are feeling like they are carbed...

mine had it on the label, but a reminder to leave mine until xmas. Only got bottled saturday morning!

Had one out of the keg tonight as a tester - not sure I got enough attentuation - quite sweet. Still found it very drinakble and with a bit more gas in it it might 'dry' it out a little.

Now I'm off to have one of my sierra Nevada raffle winnings.....hey, why is there only five.....ah for chrissakes, what the hell is a sauce bottle doing there??? Bastards <_<

Yep was a good evening despite the arctic Ballarat conditions, good work on the fire lads, did well to overcome the shaky start.

I am assuming most of you need the beer to be left until the end of the month?

FYI for all, my swap beer is labeled "Sais" and is of course a Saison. It's ready to drink to now but in my experience may get slightly better over time. It's about 6.5% and it finished at 1.006, yeast is 3711 French Saison.

Latest posts

Back