Nov. 26/27 Ballarat Grog Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vic45's IPA is awesome.

I'm trying another one of these now while I'm (relatively) more sober after my big claim above (which was based on hazy memories).

There is a significant alcohol presence but it is not off-putting, the beer is very hazy,quite low in carbonation but just needs to be poured vigorously (I gave mine the pocket sparkler treatment also). Big malt aroma, solid malt backbone. As you all know I much prefer AIPAs but this is a big beast of a beer regardless. If it had 100gs choc and 50gms roast you'd call it an Old ale and sit aside for 6 months before drinking!!! The head is great after pocket sparkling, I imagine it would be awesome out of one of the many B.A.R. hand pumps!!!

If I'd have brewed it I would have more crystal, or maybe some more dark crystal plus some victory and more late hops - a metric fuckload of styrians at flameout for e.g. ....but then I don't care about style guidelines.

Cheers guys.

There was no need for re analysis richy, I was happy with your first one.

I can only assume the haziness is hop related, it has 130 g of EKG and Fuggles between 5 min and flame out.

I will not report on everyone's beer from the swap individually because I drank them all straight away and now cant remember :ph34r: .

What i can remember is that the standard of the beers in this swap has been very, very high.

Latest posts

Back