Nothing Coming From Keg...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to depress the "post pin" and could do on the gas one but not the beer one

there's your problem.

If you cant depress the pin in the centre of the beer out post, you'll never get beer out. That pin is the "poppet".

De-gas keg completely, remove the beer out post and disassemble it. Check the poppet for an obstruction. If not use for a while, and not cleaned before being stored, those little poppet valves can get all gummed up.

Use a screwdriver and a fair bit of downward force to push the poppet down through the post to disassemble.

Clean, reassemble, re-gas, pour a pint.

"Something" caught in dip tube... lol.

The advice is worth following, I'm just tickled by the idea of some foreign object finding its way into the keg. What could it be? Chewing gum? A yo-yo? A g-string? An AOL CD?

So that is where my AWOL CD's are!

I have clogged a keg with a bit of hop before, backwashing fixed it. Also froze my very first keg. fun way to learn the thermostat needed an adjustment

So that is where my AWOL CD's are!

I have clogged a keg with a bit of hop before, backwashing fixed it. Also froze my very first keg. fun way to learn the thermostat needed an adjustment

Yeah, I guess a bit of hop matter would be the obvious culprit. I like to expect the unexpected, though. Maybe it could even be.... a kitten?

Some of the poppers in the 9l kegs are slightly different to the std corny ones. The feet seem to hook into the side of the post walls into a recess. U would practically have to destroy them to knock them out as u would the std one. I'm not sure how u are meant to actually disassemble them??

"Something" caught in dip tube... lol.

The advice is worth following, I'm just tickled by the idea of some foreign object finding its way into the keg. What could it be? Chewing gum? A yo-yo? A g-string? An AOL CD?

HAHAHHAHA AOL CD... That is the wittiest thing I have heard all day... we are clearly the similar vintage.... ;)

A bart doll????

A bart doll????

Until Slug reports the results of the investigation, it's all of the above and more. Schrdinger's dip tube obstruction.

Although a re-reading of this thread suggests it's most likely a stuck poppet valve. Yawn.

Back