Northern brew in Woonona, closed down ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
since moving into the area last year been buying some stuff from these guys . like to support local

went to go there and its closed. looks like there may be some fit out going on.

I know they were trying to sell it

anyone know whats happening with ti ?

could be the second time that shop has folded.
It was operational when I first started brewing 20 years ago, was my local.
Was closed for many years and resurfaced in the same building a few years back.
No idea if the same owners, but was the same name.

The fellas on the IBU's forum reckon it is reopening

Went past today and there is a sign in the window it's reopening soon.

I wonder if Alan has bought it back at a steal.... :ph34r:

Drove past the other day and it's open again. Had my 2 year old with me so couldn't pop on for a look

Not sure if it's same owners or new.

Apparently new owners, but Al helping them get started.

Alan has definitely been running it every time i've been in there (about 5 times so far since it reopened!)

Delving onto the past but this post kept popping-up when I was looking for Northern Brew's details hoping it was open as it looked decidedly closed earlier in the year.
Hadn't brewed for a while due to a number of factors and used Kirrawee for the few brews I have done since Alan sold the shop.

Went into the old Northern Brew store today for a couple of bits and pieces, yes there are new new owners but Alan is working there for them Wed-Fri.

The new store hasn't got a name as yet, they will not be using Northern Brew and are trying to decide exactly what to call it.

They are still getting things set up but it is starting to look like the shop did a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back