Northbridge Brewing Company

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohitsbrad

Reaction score
Just read this from news.com.au:

"Northbridge Piazza site to house micro brewery

As exclusively revealed by PerthNow last night, the development will include a boutique style micro-brewery modeled on the highly successful Little Creatures food and own brew outfit in Fremantle..."

Anyone know anything more?

The Managing Director Michael Rasheed's credentials appear to include managing at The Old Swan and something to do with Mustang Bar?

If they have an Italian theme we might be able to brew some Italian beer and serve Italian food.

The alarm bells are ringing already!

"Older more sophisticated market"

Hahn light and Crownies brigade?

How long till we see a stock market flop, I mean float, for this one?

Yeah, italian beer. What's that?

Classic Italian Pilsner?

Or maybe Italian Pale Ale?

Italian Hefeweizen?

OK, i'll stop now

Edit: no i won't stop... how bout an experiment into hopping beer with basil... mmm pesto beer... what about adding some parma at flameout

Hey!

Italy has a burgeoning microbrewing industry. As for styles, mostly pilsners...

Can't say as I've heard of Italian style beer though.

WJ

I guess they could use maize instead of cane sugar in their premium lager?

According to Papazian's book "Microbrewed Adventures", in 2004 there were about 120 micros in Italy. The few he talks about are in the 700 to 1500 HL range and they brew a wide variety of beers.

According to Papazian's book "Microbrewed Adventures", in 2004 there were about 120 micros in Italy. The few he talks about are in the 700 to 1500 HL range and they brew a wide variety of beers.

ok so it looks like not many of us have heard /tasted italian beer!!
check this out( hope it works)

www.beersofeurope.co.uk/acatalog/Beers_of_Europe_Italian Beer

cheers amita

( if it doesnt work can somebody make it work pls????)

Amita I'm not sure that it's that they haven't tried beer from Italy, but rather that they fail to recognise any particularly "Italian" styles of beer. I'm sure there are some (la rossa springs to mind) but all we tend to get in oz is the lagers/strong lagers.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Stew's (Cloudwine Cellars/Slow Beer blog) recent trip to Italy to investigate the alleged "most exciting craft beer scene in the world", all i really know of exciting craft beer in italy is baladin, but based on them there could be a lot more going on!

Latest posts

Back