North American hbs stores

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
It's worthwhile having a look around some of the large north american hbs stores.

The range of gear available in the US is amazing and you'll often pick up some really useful associated brewing information.

Notable catalogues available for download include...

www.northernbrewer.com
www.morebeer.com
www.stpats.com
www.hoptech.com

If anyone else knows of other good ones, I'd be interested to hear of them

cheers
reg

I forget where I saw it but there was this one thing, the Brew Pig or something? A 25L PET bottle that you could use like a keg, but you didn't need CO2 canisters, regulators, etc etc - just this Pig thing. Not sure how it worked but yeah, sounded good.

Vinds.

There's a nice item on the front page of morebeer.com called tap-a-draft - uses small CO2 cartridges - sounds great for people without space for a full kegging system.

cheers
reg

Reg, (or anybody)

Have you seen anything like this available locally. I almost managed to convince SWHBO to let me get a kegging kit for Christmas but alas......

Something like this though may be an option I can slip past her, claiming that I can use the same hardware for non-alcoholic ginger beer :)

Regrads,
Trev

No, haven't seen anything like this locally. I contacted the maker sometime back but received no reply.

If you can diy you maybe interested in an article written by Graham Sanders for the craftbrewing website.

* Make your own Beer Kegs by Graham Sanders.

http://www.hosted.com.au/~craftbrewer/cgi-.../CheapKegs.html

And with this setup you can say that you can use the same vessels out in the garden :)

cheers
reg

Back