Normell's Home Made Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
With Ross's bar looking SOOOOOOOOO good, thought I'd show some progress pics of my home made bar.
All the frame & bottom made out of pine, and a redgum slab on top, I'm happy so far.

IMGP0310.JPG
View attachment 4456
IMGP0273.JPG
IMGP0303.JPG
IMGP0261.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0311.JPG
    IMGP0311.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 69
congratulation normell,

looks great !

This kind of timber would be unaffordable here in Germany.

good job
thumb.gif

Cheers

Looks great...

Love the font with the ventmatics...

Very Very Nice...

nice,very nice. as a chippy i love to see you fellas using timber and not man made panels (where possible) some of the glues used to bond ply and panels can have very nasty effects if NOT handled properly.(so can natural timbers). just remember to use a suitable dust mask when,cutting,sanding,painting. sorry normell.bit of topic but i guess it helps. cheers spog :beer:

An update on the bar.
The bottom has been signwritten & laquered, ready to go into the lounge
IMGP0315.JPG
IMGP0316.JPG
IMGP0317.JPG

Normell

One more piccy

IMGP0318.JPG

Top is yet to be "Glass Coated" (F***ing wind)

normell

Very impressive Norm :super:

To think, I was always so happy with my lot, until I found this bloody forum... :D

Wow, great looking bar!

What is a slab of wood like that worth?

Nothing, if you know the right bloke

IMGP0302.JPG
IMGP0305.JPG
IMGP0311a.JPG
But I think he's got a 8' x 4' slab that he want's done into a table.
But I luv working with a good bit of wood

Normell

great bar normell
what have you coated the wood slab with?

cheers
big d

:super:Great work Normell!!!

Certainly got the "WOW" factor there.

Hope the beer tastes as good on your first pour :D

Inspired by your work there, will have to get the thinking cap on!

Cheers

normell said:
I luv working with a good bit of wood

Normell
[post="85453"][/post]​

I do too, but it makes dangerous to get too close to the machinery and it makes the front of your overalls stick out!!

And how do you concentrate!!

It was asking to be done :D

So the new bar is finally into place, only waiting on getting the new F&P chest freezer back from being converted, then it's all systems go :beer: :super:
IMGP0339.JPG
IMGP0341.JPG
IMGP0342.JPG

These pic's show how the redgum top is hinged, so the freezer lid can be opened for getting kegs in and out :chug: :p
IMGP0343.JPG
IMGP0344.JPG

Working in the power industry, it was found on top of a crossarm, on top of a pole, estimated to have been there for over 40 years

IMGP0345.JPG

Looks great Normell, I especially like the signwriting on the footrest!

I'm not so sure about those hinges though - that's a big slab of redgum, and I suspect that over time it's going to try and tear itself away from the bar.

Have you thought about using some larger, ornamental gate hinges to spread the load? You could have one on each upright, and they would give it a kind of olde worlde look.

gate_hinge.jpg

Mmmmm..all this talk of wood has got me thinking

I have some very choice cuts of Nth Coast Red Cedar in the shed that would make an awsome bar....

Here is my dinning room table made from a slab 600mm W and 100mm D 3200mm L and butterflyed to make a table that still has the bark edge..
It is worth A LOT of money....

And I have several 6m long slabs of Bloodwood drying at the moment as well not to mention the Ironbark as well

Decisions, decisions

Table_sml.JPG

Ducatiboy stu said:
Mmmmm..all this talk of wood has got me thinking

I have some very choice cuts of Nth Coast Red Cedar in the shed that would make an awsome bar....

Here is my dinning room table made from a slab 600mm W and 100mm D 3200mm L and butterflyed to make a table that still has the bark edge..
It is worth A LOT of money....

And I have several 6m long slabs of Bloodwood drying at the moment as well not to mention the Ironbark as well

Decisions, decisions
[post="93130"][/post]​

Hey Stu, if you can make a table like that, a bar should be a breeze to make

Latest posts

Back