Quantcast

Noob Advice

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

nathan23v

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give advice on this product, I drink vb & would like some expert help. Thankyou.

Truman42

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give advice on this product, I drink vb & would like some expert help. Thankyou.
Nathan what advice are you after? You need to be more specific other than "I drink VB and would like some expert help."

Most people here are going to tell you that if you drink VB even fermented cats piss will be a good clone. :icon_cheers:

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
"Brigalow Premium Bitter - Seeking Epert Advice".

Ivan Other One

Reaction score
You drink VB,

Quick, seek professional help,,, and fast.

jammer

Reaction score
You certainly do need expert help!Another vb thread??Happy Christmas guys

nathan23v

Reaction score
i've read to add finnings when wort is 3/4 done, is this the time to rack or should i wait til fully fermented? In either case how long should i wait before bottling? I've read to bottle asap after fermentation stops & ppl i work with say never to rush to bottle. Any help is greatly appreciated

warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried.
Reaction score
i've read to add finnings when wort is 3/4 done, is this the time to rack or should i wait til fully fermented? In either case how long should i wait before bottling? I've read to bottle asap after fermentation stops & ppl i work with say never to rush to bottle. Any help is greatly appreciated
Don't bother racking for your first brew, until you work out you have a reason to do it. I wouldn't bother with the finings. Never used them, and my beers clear just fine without it.

I'd wait 2 weeks before bottling, BUT, only bottle when your hydrometer shows your gravity reading is within the expected range for your recipe/ingredients.

nathan23v

Reaction score
thanks warra. Have you used brigalow ginger beer before? I used raw suger as directed on the can but got a very low OG. I'm thinking of trying dextrose for the next one

warra48

Reaction score
thanks warra. Have you used brigalow ginger beer before? I used raw suger as directed on the can but got a very low OG. I'm thinking of trying dextrose for the next one
Not used it.
I think dextrose instead of sugar will probably make no difference, as it's fermentable much the same as sugar.

If you want to get a somewhat higher gravity, try some maltodextrin or LDME. It's only partially fermentable.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I think s/he wants to boost the abv level warra so malto or DME will work against him/her

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
hope this isnt a ploy lol

First off you will never make VB period
second if using raw sugar was to "low" then using dextrose will be worse. raw sugar is less fermentable then dextrose, So dextrose will ferment out more (have a lower FG)

warra48

Reaction score
Wondered whether this thread was a "come in sucker" one, but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, but only because it's Christmas Day today.

thedragon

Off topic...
Reaction score
Warra I had the same thoughts too. Remember the kit and kilo in a bag thread a while back? It was like watching a train crash, but no one called it (actually no one knew). Hope this isn't the same. Merry Christmas.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
A ginger beer that tastes like VB..... :icon_drunk:

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
Alright, I'll call it.

Humbug.

Buy a cat.

pcmfisher

Reaction score
Brigalow Premium Bitter is, as the name suggests, for making a premium beer.

VB is not a premium beer, so it will taste nothing like it.

Will probably taste more like Crown Lager as this is a premium beer....... :ph34r: :ph34r:

r055c0

Reaction score
I've done a few ginger beers and always get a very low FG, around 1.005, that is okay because you are aiming for a low FG on ginger beer, any higher than that and you risk ginger flavoured bottle bombs. Not sure what it says on the brigalow kit but I'm pretty sure it says to wait until the FG is down around the 1.005 mark on both the Coopers and the Morgans kits.

EDIT: Whoops, should have read that a little closer... I get a low OG as well, I think my last one was just on 1.034 and that was using 2 cans of Coopers GB and a kilo of sugar into 20L, the brew came out fine.

nathan23v

Reaction score
Ok...... Thank you for the help. Not sure what the come in sucker comment means but i was just looking for some advice. I started brewing two months ago & just wanted to make sure i was on track. Wasn't sure whether to rack or when.... thought maybe someome uses brigalow premium bitter or ginger beer. Oh & i won't mention vb again

Latest posts