Nobody's Fault But Mine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

• Should I keep on brewing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should I ditch the heartbreaker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Hi brewers,
Just a quick message to say I won't be around much anymore and am unsure if i will ever be able to brew again.
Its a very long story and I couldn't begin to explain but everything got turned upside down when my dog run away. I had a plan, I played some country and western music backwards and sure enough the dog came back, it even had me pulling the bundy stickers off my ute, all the while I was doing this a scar above my eye I got from a cowboy in tamworth seemed to start fading. Anyway the sad part was my girlfriend came back with the dog and now it seems' its 5 oclock somewhere' doesn't work anymore!
I have to revaluate the current sitution, however it pans out the brewery has to go.
It goes to the highest bidder with a small truck.
I have been given the go ahead and allowed to do one final brew, i'll be brewing up a batch with lactose,oak chips and chocolate(thanx GMK for that recipe)..if anyone wants to join me.

There was some talk i may be alowed to join the wagga brewers club if i promised not to be a *******. Looks like iam in for a life of being a ******* unless i became desperate enough to became a 'tool'(the type of spanner that doesn't fit any bolt).

It's been fun brewers but iam affraid its goodbye from me.

Traveling Riverside Blues
Jayse

jayse, quite a criptic post :ph34r: I hope it is a case of too many daemon ales and a good dose of led zep.

My vote goes to keep on brewing :party: there is always a balance its just bloody hard to maintain :p

No matter what the circumstances you should keep doing what you love. You have everyones support here no matter what you do but it will be hard to say goodbye to a fellow brewer. Good luck in the future, i know you will do the right thing.

Scotty

Jayse
Seeings as its April first, could we be waking up to our first "April fools!" joke, or is this serious? If its serious, then I dunno what to tell ya. I would hope that my girlfriend would never make me choose between her and brewing, and I would be pretty pissed off is she ever tried to pull a stunt like that, its just poor sportsmanship. I guess it all depends on how much you love her, like do you love her enough to give up doing what you love, and (though I havent tried any of your beers) obviously have a talent for. Maybe you could make a compromise, like brew once every fortnight or so, but if that doesnt work, and she really wants you to give up your passion, then I think it may be time to seriously think about if the relationship is worth saving. No offence intended, as I know neither of you or your situation, but I'd have to say keep on brewing, even if you have to cut down a bit. It would be a bummer to see you go
All the best
Trent
PS If this was an april fools joke... um, sorry for blowing it !

it even had me pulling the bundy stickers off my ute,

Now that is real scarey jayse :lol:

Cheers

hey jayse,
first, i hope you arent using this poll to make your decision. i've never met you, but always found your posts interesting and informative. there has to be a balance somewhere so hopefuly you are able to find it. god luck
joe

ps. if this an april fools joke...dman you!!!

jayse said:
I played some country and western music backwards
[post="52000"][/post]​

Yep! That'll do it every time. :wacko:

(Jayse must still own a turntable)

Warren -

In a similar vein Dominion Breweries in NZ (Tui) have an advert out today for a position as Beer Boy at the Female run Tui brewery.
Application form here

BEER BOY APPLICATION
Brewing beer at the Tui Brewery has typically been a field dominated by highly skilled women. But a workplace without facial hair can be a sad and lonely place, so at Tui weve decided to change things.

One man will have the chance to splash his testosterone around our oestrogen-fuelled Mangatainoka Brewery in the role of Beer Boy. This important role will involve wearing a lab coat, carrying a clipboard, nodding knowingly as you study beer in beakers and getting endless mileage out of the Ill get this round joke in the free bar.

Of course working alongside highly skilled women presents its own unique challenges.

* Are you toilet-seat savvy?
* Does a chocolate bar count if you have it with a diet cola?
* Is there any jar you couldnt open?
* Can you explain the mysteries of the off-side rule?
* Got sympathy and cooing sussed?

These are just a few of the seemingly impossible issues that will confront you. When the whistle blows at the end of day we like to let our hair down just as much, perhaps even more, than any employer. Knockoff is a time to have a beer, reflect on what has been achieved and really talk about how we all feel, perhaps even have a bit of a cry. Do you like hugs? Course you do.

The birthplace of Tui is crying out for a man, so stick your hand up if youre the man for the job.

Applications close: Friday 1st April

Beers,
Doc

NICE One Jayse, I like your style. You had me going right up until u said the brewery has to go. I don't know u that well but well enough to know that u have Black malt pumping through your veins, and if u got cut u would bleed pure Stout.

Ditch the Bitch & Stew another Brew.

STEPHEN

Nice one Jayse

The lactose, oak chips & chocolate was the real giveaway though ;)

jayse said:
I have been given the go ahead and allowed to do one final brew, i'll be brewing up a batch with lactose,oak chips and chocolate(thanx GMK for that recipe)..if anyone wants to join me.

There was some talk i may be alowed to join the wagga brewers club if i promised not to be a *******. Looks like iam in for a life of being a ******* unless i became desperate enough to became a 'tool'(the type of spanner that doesn't fit any bolt).
:lol: :lol: :lol: Best of luck for your future endeavours Jayse. ;)

How do you put a price on such quality piece of 'intellectual property'
Brew-on April 2nd!

Asher for now :party:

jayse

I will be around to collect all of your gear later today. If you should wake up and it's April 2, and all of your gear has gone, the jokes on you :p

Cheers
Pedro

Trent said:
Seeings as its April first,

Well my brains not firing :unsure: looks like the post was technically a couple of hours early ;)

From what I've read being a tool is the basic qualification to become a Wagga brewer. :)

:lol: :lol: Thanking GMK for a recipe!! :lol: Jeez you crack me up, Jayse!

- Snow

Actually the dead giveaway is that the answer to either question results in the same thing. I'll admit you had me going though... :unsure:

I was looking forward to telling my eldest son that Linkin' Park have broken up, but the little bugger was still in bed when I left for work

As Snow hinted - thanking GMK was the dead giveaway!! :p

Happy April Fool's day...B)

Cheers,
TL

Ok. looks like a couple people fell for that one and a few nearly did. :lol:

I don't own any bundy stickers, dogs, utes or country music and none of my ex girlfriends are crazy enough to return or welcome to for that matter. :lol:

Happy first day of april. :lol:

The song remains the same.
Jayse

Back