No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishing in murky water waist deep. How i dont miss thee

What does the "Scroll Lock" key actually do on my keyboard?

Just held control and scroll lock down at the same time as using the scroller on the mouse. Well I'll be stuffed, I did not know you can do that. Come to think of it I did not even know I had a scroll lock key :icon_cheers:

edit; hang on it also works with control and delete and control and backspace, so the scroll lock key is not so special.

Not much these days. Was originally used to make the arrow keys scroll instead of moving the cursor. Almost all new programs will use a scroll bar instead. You can use it to generate a blue screen of death on Windows if that takes your fancy for some strange reason (or you could just wait an hour or two).

Just held control and scroll lock down at the same time as using the scroller on the mouse. Well I'll be stuffed, I did not know you can do that. Come to think of it I did not even know I had a scroll lock key :icon_cheers:

edit; hang on it also works with control and delete and control and backspace, so the scroll lock key is not so special.

Or just the control Key :drinks:

So what is the difference between the C and CE keys on a calculator?

C clears everything and CE clears the last thing entered (clear entry). It should only clear the last part of an equation rather than the whole thing.

Halfway decent calulators have delete keys now so CE has become a bit redundant.

C clears everything and CE clears the last thing entered (clear entry). It should only clear the last part of an equation rather than the whole thing.

Halfway decent calulators have delete keys now so CE has become a bit redundant.

Yeah and they're not called calculators anymore, they're called PC's.

Nah, they're called phones.

Few of my exams allow calculators (even the maths subject!).

Even fewer allow PCs.

I use a calculator at work all the time. I got 2 computer screens already, and i don't feel like blocking one up with a calculator. And a calculator with clear the last entry is essential. Sucks typing in a huge equation to accidentally stuff up the last number.

A 19 year old girl from the ivory coast just emailed me to ask for help. Apparently she needs someone to take control of a few million dollars her father left behind after being murdered. If I help her finish her education, I can share the fortune with her.

What should I do?

I'd like to help but she also seems like a devout christian and might not let me touch her soft bits.

Also her name appears to be 'Eric' which is odd. Those soft bits may not be so soft after all.

Just (lay back and) think of the money...

Back