No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of us just don't follow trends, while some trends never die.

Consider yourself the Led Zeppelin of brewing. :D

TheWiggman said:
Is there a big celebration organised for Manticle's big 20000th post event? It's imminent.
I hear a random perma ban is on the cards. Just to keep us in line.

I had a half eaten roast chicken in the fridge at work and a carton of cream with the paper top folded loosely shut.
This morning the cream smells like roast chicken and has a slight BBQ flavor.
Remarkable.

manticle said:
So breaking your patella is integral to a decent lager, in lieu of o2?
I've got prepatellar bursitis at the moment. Wonder if that will help?
Haha maybe it is. It's the only time I've ever left a beer fermenting that long ( besides funky beers in glass ). I've got the second batch in a cube, but I'm trying to fill my kegs up so I don't need to brew for that 6-8 weeks.

My eldest daughter made up a wish list for Santa tonight, consisting of pictures of her preferred presents. She found an A4 envelope and folded the A3 paper, crossed out mum's name and put her own name on the front.
She asked how she would get this letter to santa, told her I'll 'look it up on the computer' while she sleeps.

AusPost tells me you just address it to Santa, Northpole 9999 and put a 70c stamp on it.

Does anyone actually know what happens to those letters? Does Santa actually write back, or do those letters just get dumped?

Florian said:
Does anyone actually know what happens to those letters? Does Santa actually write back, or do those letters just get dumped?
Sorry to be the one to do this to you, but <SPOILER> he's not real. </SPOILER>

Brewed a DGSA not long ago. Was astringent, cloudy, lacked any real hop aroma and was undercarbonated. I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Die Hard 2. Arrivals screen at airport.
Fail.

DIE HARD2.jpg

Ok bribie
I have looked at this quite a few times and I guess I am missing it !!

What am I meant to see ??
What's the fail ????

Pleeeeeeeeeease !!

And they can't spell Buneos Aries either.

Who's letting their kids play with random strangers in the park?!

OK I'm not a parent myself but I was at my nephews birthday bbq in the park yesterday and naturally Uncle Me was chasing the boys (aged 7, 5 & 4) up and down the playground having a great ol' time. Before I know it some random little boy around their age is joining in... no problems there but where is his minder? Turns out he's sitting on a bench 40m away completely involved with his smart-phone and not even glancing up at his kid.

I don't have a problem with the children all playing together, that's natural but when a excited 5 year old is trying to climb all over me (a strange man) or asking me to pick him up as I would my nephews, I get a bit concerned about boundaries. I don't want to exclude this little champ from the fun or discourage him from playing with my nephews but I equally don't want his heedless parent to look up to see some unknown grown man swinging his kid around in the air or running around with him on his back.

It could lead to a misunderstanding where I might get saddled with some uncharitable labels... or punched in the face. Get off your phone mate and watch your own damn kids... or at least come over and say hi so we know who's who and what's what.

I had to deal with the painful looks of disappointment on your kids face for over an hour because I couldn't play with him like I was with my own nephews.

Menoetes, being a father as well helping run my wife's Family Daycare Center I'm regularly in this position. I just make a point of waiting for a break in the game where it seems the kids wont lose their momentum if I'm gone for a minute, and then going and having a quick chat with their parent/s.

I've found a lot less parents are paranoid about this than I'd think. They always appreciate the effort to check in though, and I usually end up with someone to have a chat with at the playground. I find that the ones who are paranoid, well they're ready to point the finger no matter what. In those cases I either invite the parents to join in, or sadly just have to ignore their kid.

menoetes said:
Who's letting their kids play with random strangers in the park?!

OK I'm not a parent myself but I was at my nephews birthday bbq in the park yesterday and naturally Uncle Me was chasing the boys (aged 7, 5 & 4) up and down the playground having a great ol' time. Before I know it some random little boy around their age is joining in... no problems there but where is his minder? Turns out he's sitting on a bench 40m away completely involved with his smart-phone and not even glancing up at his kid.

I don't have a problem with the children all playing together, that's natural but when a excited 5 year old is trying to climb all over me (a strange man) or asking me to pick him up as I would my nephews, I get a bit concerned about boundaries. I don't want to exclude this little champ from the fun or discourage him from playing with my nephews but I equally don't want his heedless parent to look up to see some unknown grown man swinging his kid around in the air or running around with him on his back.

It could lead to a misunderstanding where I might get saddled with some uncharitable labels... or punched in the face. Get off your phone mate and watch your own damn kids... or at least come over and say hi so we know who's who and what's what.

I had to deal with the painful looks of disappointment on your kids face for over an hour because I couldn't play with him like I was
with my own nephews.
Mardoo said:
Menoetes, being a father as well helping run my wife's Family Daycare Center I'm regularly in this position. I just make a point of waiting for a break in the game where it seems the kids wont lose their momentum if I'm gone for a minute, and then going and having a quick chat with their parent/s.
I've found a lot less parents are paranoid about this than I'd think. They always appreciate the effort to check in though, and I usually end up with someone to have a chat with at the playground. I find that the ones who are paranoid, well they're ready to point the finger no matter what. In those cases I either invite the parents to join in, or sadly just have to ignore their kid.
And the little ones who want to join in and have some fun can't because their parents are selfish lazy ...........
Over the years with my kids and nieces and nephews I have had a few parents damned near pounce on me at playgrounds because their child got too close to me,or I them.
Yet the parents park their lazy arses on a seat way too far away from their children and assume all will be good.
Leaves a bloke scratching his head wondering why.

Latest posts

Back