No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked passed a guy who was wearing this in T shirt form last weekend.
Thought it was ******* funny.
Or just plain funny.

172360_10150124757029101_253714274100_6321331_4215017_o.jpg

The weather's heating up and I cant decide what style of work shorts to wear this season.

Iphone6 has lost me. Will make a switch to samsung when I get fed up of my iphone5.

Now they're loading the evidence in the truck.
The whole street smells like its been crop dusted with lemon scented Ambi-Pur.

practicalfool said:
Iphone6 has lost me. Will make a switch to samsung when I get fed up of my iphone5.
Surprised it took you so long, you seem quite intelligent from the bulk of your posts ;-)

I witnessed the aftermath of a truck v cyclist yesterday. Pretty gruesome. Forensic didn't finish until 5hrs after it happened. :(

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1410477195.278284.jpg

So did half my staff, was pretty messed up day yesterday.

Man I was NOT sure I wanted that photo to load.

It sucks being a cyclist on the roads, for reasons both cyclist and driver.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Surprised it took you so long, you seem quite intelligent from the bulk of your posts ;-)
I wasn't expecting a lot. I first had the 3GS. Then waited till the 5. Not unhappy with either, simple to use and compact enough.
All I wanted was:
1. Fresh electronics - they die and degrade. Especially small circuits.
2. Possibly lighter and thinner.
3. Subtle ui improvements.
4. Retain the effin metal case. It is durable.
5. Improved battery.

They've kept the basic form since iphone 4, so wasn't too much to expect to be consistent and deliver a useful device.

But **** them. They launch an item larger than the s5 with a smaller screen, shittier battery, no real improvements in user friendliness. Possibly more tied into their corporate sellout arrangements. Get lost! In fact, I picked the s5 over the nexus for its battery.

Eagerly awaiting the s5 dual sim to turn up now :)

Pretty happy with my iPhone 5s. My only gripe is having to do everything via itunes rather than the device itself.. which obviously isn't going to change.
I have a Samsung tab 3 running android and I find it clunky with some annoying bugs / "features".

Work gave me a iphone 5s and I already had a galaxy s5.

The galaxy s5 is a WORLD ahead of the 5s, its clear they wont and cant bridge the gap with the iphone 6, soon after the galaxy s6 will be out anyway and no doubt better again. The s5 battery is the best improvement of any phone to my knowledge in existence! You'll love it PF!

I love my Note 3.

Huge screen, battery lasts all day with heavy use, plus a stylus for when my fat fingers can't hit the right spot.

Only thing that sucks about notes is you need to pay for an extra bus ticket to cart them around!!!

I love the bonus double benefit of burps after swallowing a good draught of my latest AIPA. I love hops.

Cant begin to imagine what the parents of the young bloke William Tyrell who went missing from Kendall last Friday must be enduring currently.
Every time I hear it on the news it makes me want go home and hug my kids.

Dave70 said:
Cant begin to imagine what the parents of the young bloke William Tyrell who went missing from Kendall last Friday must be enduring currently.
Every time I hear it on the news it makes me want go home and hug my kids.
Makes everything else seem utterly trivial... There's nothing more important than the health and well-being of your kids.

I totally understand you Dave. When my wife watches some current affairs program they seem to have a particular interest in families that have had tragedies (it must appeal to the target audience or something). Whenever I hear about the mum who lost her kids and husband in an accident, or a fall has left their kid in a coma, I slip away and give each of them a kiss in their sleep.

Incidentally I was at the local footy grand final this weekend with my two boys. There was a taughliner with a side curtain drawn being used as a platform for the cameraman. Some kids were playing up there (streamers and the like) and I turned and just managed to catch a glimpse of a kid falling off and landing on his head - literally. A girl jumped down and another said "is he hurt?", and she said "yeah". His feet were facing me and were motionless.
In the back of my head I thought I'd better keep and eye on this because if he doesn't move, this could be serious.
I watched him while this girl was talking to him. About 20 or 30 secs passed and she propped his head on her lap. Still no movement. I went over there and asked if he'd spoken at all and she said "no". I gently took his head, rested him on the ground and left his body straight, and asked the girl to fetch his mum or dad ASAP.

Details aside, he was breathing but was completely out. My sons (3 and 4) were asking lots of questions and were quite intrugued by it all. Mum eventually came, I told her to call 000, and a nurse was found so I passed on some details and walked away.
During the 15 or so mins I was around, he was unconscious. Normally with head trauma it only lasts a few minutes before they come to so I was fearing the worst.

I can't tell you how difficult the rest of the weekend was. This wasn't even my kid. It really stirred me up sitting there monitoring this kid's breathing and checking for vitals. Very confronting. When we went away I gave both my kids a huge hug because they were playing up there as well, and it could have been them.

I found out on Monday that the kid woke up later and was out of the hospital by the afternoon. I was very relieved. Imagine being young Tyrell's parents and not knowing at all? I don't even want to fathom what that's like.

Latest posts

Back