No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is that awful moment when your pours turn from such impressive diamond brilliance to poo-cloudy over a single beer. The keg is not long for this world. I am also too lazy to rack a new keg. Lucky I have a six pack in the fridge *hugs self*.

Specially when it explodes at once and ruins an almost full perfeect beer that was all the more valuable cause it was the last of that batch.

AndYouOnlyWantedOneMoreBeerPunkin

Kegged my beer yesterday, last few litres to bottle, discovered that I don't any lommger own a bottle capper :( oh boy..... foil cap ftw, hope it works.

punkin said:
*******! I went and googled LTFG and got RTFM
Awesome band that... Everyone liked "Killing in the Name"", but I liked "Bullet in the Head" better.

For me it was all about FREEDOM.

I saw Black Sabbath at Acer arena a few months back and the fill in drummer, Brad Wilk stole the show. Yeah, awesome band.

punkin said:
*******! I went and googled LTFG and got RTFM

petesbrew said:
Awesome band that... Everyone liked "Killing in the Name"", but I liked "Bullet in the Head" better.
Rage The ******* Machine??

Agree with your order of preference, though.

emnpaul said:
For me it was all about FREEDOM.

I saw Black Sabbath at Acer arena a few months back and the fill in drummer, Brad Wilk stole the show. Yeah, awesome band.
Brad Wilk played on the album, but the drummer you (and I) saw was Tommy Clufetos, session man best known for playing in Rob Zombie's band. And if by " stole the show" you mean played horribly inappropriate fills and double kick for the style of the music, then I agree.

Fat ******* said:
Brad Wilk played on the album, but the drummer you (and I) saw was Tommy Clufetos, session man best known for playing in Rob Zombie's band. And if by " stole the show" you mean played horribly inappropriate fills and double kick for the style of the music, then I agree.

Eh! You! Didn't you kill my brother?

Fat ******* said:
I'll agree Clufetos seemed to have overplayed it at times, but only because Bill Wards unsophisticated plod - thump - crash style is what is etched into our minds. Virtually every drummer who's sat in the chair for sabbath could play rings around ward, as much as Osbournes vocal was eclipsed by Dio. There I said it.

**** sentimentality. Nothing drives a metal show better than a talented hard charging drummer.

Dunno about Ward being a plodder. Not a fast or technical drummer by any measure, but he played with a unique style and a bit of groove, something most modern metal drummers lack.

I would have loved to see Bill up there, but have happily settled for someone with some real affinity for the music. Even Vinnie Appice! Again.

Fat ******* said:
Really? ****. I just assumed Wilk had lost a lot of weight due to his modified diet due to his diabetes. Kinda hard to see from where I was sitting...

I still think his (Clufetos') drumming was awesome. And yes, Appice was fully awesome when he played the Heaven and Hell tour.

Anyone else see You Am I at the Enmore last Friday? The queue for their Brew Am I ale was rather long. Worth the wait I must say.
Great beer, great show.

Wort ran off through the plate chiller at 13C.......Should actually take a temp of what's coming out of the tap this time of year. And put shoes and/or socks on.

petesbrew said:
Anyone else see You Am I at the Enmore last Friday? The queue for their Brew Am I ale was rather long. Worth the wait I must say.
Great beer, great show.
Saw them in Perth at The Astor. Absolutely brilliant! And yes, I reckon the Brew Am I was a pretty decent beer.

petesbrew said:
Great beer, great show.
I saw them at the Tivoli in Brisbane. They were very good.
I also got to meet them all before hand. They were giving out their 'Brew Am I'. It is a nice pale ale. Had a great night.

First photo.

Royal Baby.jpg

So I have found out that 'please' in Dutch is not 'astublieft' while holidaying in Belgium.

Google translate it.

Feeling pretty smug with myself of an afternoon this week. I have 4 really good brews on tap at once and that's rare.

A 0 Min IPA that has good hop flavour but needs a little more bitterness next time to balance the malt.

A tap of the Punkin's Cascadian Black rich hop flavours and aromas with good bitterness and coffee malt.

A tap with a American Red Ale, malty beer with good hop flavour and a ruby red colour.

A tap with Old Speckled Hen clone. A good malty beer with subtle hops that you can chew.

Couldn't be happier deciding which tap to pull each time i walk up :super: :drinks:

Back