No Rinse Sanitizer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foonz

Reaction score
Hey all,
I keep hearing about a no rinse sanitizer called star san. Is there anywhere in Melbourne you can get it preferably Bayswater area? Or is there something in Australia we can use instead?

Thank you!

he's in Newcastle mate if you need it straight away any home brew shop will some kind of no rinse sterilize to get you out of trouble

he's in Newcastle mate if you need it straight away any home brew shop will some kind of no rinse sterilize to get you out of trouble

That’s what I thought but the guy at the local brew shop had no idea what I was talking about [emoji22]. We have a power sanitizer but you have to rise after and we were worried about cross contamination.

If you cant get what you are looking for by the weekend, just clean your bottles carefully and rinse them with some boiled and still hot water (let the jug cool for 5 minutes or so).
The Brewman Acid Sanitiser is a good option, but personally I would still rinse, not really a big fan of the whole no-rinse concept.
Mark

If you cant get what you are looking for by the weekend, just clean your bottles carefully and rinse them with some boiled and still hot water (let the jug cool for 5 minutes or so).
The Brewman Acid Sanitiser is a good option, but personally I would still rinse, not really a big fan of the whole no-rinse concept.
Mark

Thanks Mark! Hopefully our beer works out. I did a gravity test today and will do hopefully final one on Saturday before we bottle. Seems to have come out weak [emoji22]. 1.040 starting and currently 1.011 which is about 3.8% [emoji22].

Thanks Mark! Hopefully our beer works out. I did a gravity test today and will do hopefully final one on Saturday before we bottle. Seems to have come out weak [emoji22]. 1.040 starting and currently 1.011 which is about 3.8% [emoji22].
All grain ?

I just posted a question in all grain about poor efficiency

Anpros Pty is in Bayswater, he sells no rinse santisers I get my proxitane from them. You have to be very careful not to touch any tender body parts if you get some on your hands.;)

Mate you’re a legend that is super close to my work [emoji6]. Thanks heaps!!!
If you want a no rinse which is a safer alternative which has a surfactant in it have a trip to KegKing and get some phosphoric sanitiser a lot cheaper and lasts longer. And just be careful with the proxitane.

That’s what I thought but the guy at the local brew shop had no idea what I was talking about [emoji22]. We have a power sanitizer but you have to rise after and we were worried about cross contamination.
Foonz this doesn't help much, but - if your LHBS has never heard of Starsan, well... 'nuff said.

Once, I asked the one near me about gypsum......He had NO IDEA what I was on about, looked at me like I was from mars or something..

If you want a no rinse which is a safer alternative which has a surfactant in it have a trip to KegKing and get some phosphoric sanitiser a lot cheaper and lasts longer. And just be careful with the proxitane.
Proxitane? I have almost finished a bottle of that exact sanitiser from kegking. It lasted me a year and a half. I was thinking of getting another bottle from kegland $5 and a bottle of the stellarSan $9.95. They were marked as instock yesterday

keg king havent stocked their sanitizer for 6 months or so now. Id say kee took the supplier with him to keg land as they have it on their online store

Back