No More Unibroue For Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Reaction score
While picking up a bottle of Trois Pistoles tonight I was told by the owner of a reputable Sydney bottlo that the current stock of Unibroue's beers are the last we will see in Australia because they have stopped supplying the Australian importer. Apparently Unibroue are more concerned with supplying the Canadian & US markets and have decided to cut us off.

Anyone know whether this is the case?? I sure will miss them if they disappear :( :( :(

Jez

nooooooo it cant be tell me its not true. ill miss them.

Yup Australia the branch office country. For example Philippines San Miguel - sure not the creme de la creme of beers - products are no longer imported despite being probably the biggest brewery in our region. It's a bit of a lottery.

Ouch.. time to stock up on Wyeast 3864-PC Canadian/Belgian if you can get it then :)

Yup Australia the branch office country. For example Philippines San Miguel - sure not the creme de la creme of beers - products are no longer imported despite being probably the biggest brewery in our region. It's a bit of a lottery.

They spent megabucks promoting that too - never took off at all.

what a crock of... looks like i will get myself a few bottles of La Fin Du Monde shortly!

They spent megabucks promoting that too - never took off at all.
San Mig actually bought Boags then sold it on to Lion Nathan, maybe there's some sort of sunset clause why they don't supply Australia at the moment. I wouldn't mind a few bottles of Red Horse (a 7% Bock style lager). Problem with so many smaller breweries is that we are right at the end of their distribution chain so we don't get brews like Brains of Cardiff, Felinfoel of Llanelli, Camerons of Hartlepool (insert name of independent brewery here) but we do get the Heineken Megaultraswill brewers products like Tetley, Boddington, Newcastle Brown because they are from the Gigabreweries. I'm surprised that we actually got Unibrou in the first place. Beers such as Wells Bomardier and Speckled Hen are, like I said above, a lottery. Enjoy while available.

Is a footbridge ready enough to commit harikari on??? Well, maybe its not even a footbridge but a culvit, is that good enough, but this makes me sad ... never had bad beer by them and it is much revered in Northern IBU Land ... christ if I could ship beer all the way to Bulli and it tasted ROCK ON then I would be happy ... let alone ship it from Canada ..... freak ....

Ok, breath .... breath Scotty .... breath ....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooo!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooo!!!!

Pop into tomorrow and we will commiserate .... a shared IBU experience no doubt ....

*sniff*I'll be there.*sniff*.

Better buy out all the Unibroue beers from the usual source while we still can.

Not Happy Jan :angry:
Email sent, awaiting reply from the horses mouth!
Cheers
Nige

I have heard the same thing from a local retailer. I was told the reason was they couldn't keep up with local demand so were pulling out of some markets.

Man, I'll be heading up to the bottlo this weekend, hoping some is left :(

Man, I'll be heading up to the bottlo this weekend, hoping some is left :(
Same here! Unibrou is one of my favourite brands, I still have a bottle of their 17 left as well. Will have to try and find some 18 and buy a few bottles. Along with all of their other ones.
Damn that is a shame if true :angry: :( :(

Arrrgh!
And I bet the usual stockists are out.
Soon there'll be dodgy blokes outside First Choice going "Psst, 330ml 3 pistols only 30 bucks"

Shit on a stick, stone the bloody crows, f#!&k, etc....

And they have just started to appear more frequently in bottlos that rarely stock good imports :angry:
I suppose it is a sign of a good brewery that they can shut down what I thought would have been a profitable venture, just to concentrate on an even more profitable venture.

I am going to do the rounds this arvo or tomorrow, and secure a good stock of my favorites from their list.

Today is a sad day. :(

Bloody shame.

I'll make it my business to buy up any Unibroue beers I come across in my travels. Don't wanna miss out!

I guess the cat's out of the bag now, and the bad news is the rumours are true. I quizzed "Keith", "Deputy Sales Manager, Overseas Sales Group, Corporate Strategy Department" from Sapporo as to the reasoning behind the move (they own Unibroue if you didn't know), and what I was told is that they simply can't produce enough beer at their current facility to keep up with demand, so are going to stick to servicing the local markets for the time being.

The good news is that plans are already under way to build a bigger brewery, so they will be back..... one day. Til then, drink up and make the most of them while you can (and perhaps put a few 17's, Trois Pistole's and Terrible's in the cellar).

Back