No More Taking The Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic has got me thinking I need to talk to a friend who owns a restaurant which has a reputation for a fairly large spirits and wines list they need to get into beers

Actually, what's funny in the article is the quote from a sommelier (I think) who says that beer turnover is difficult to warrant putting it on the menu vs wine (and I assume markup will have something to do with that).

I add to that - if there is no beer I want to drink - I don't. I stick to water - which is free. No margin on that, and someone is paid to continually top it up.

Call me scummy, but I don't drink for the sake of it. I drink because I like the taste. I don't mind the odd glass of really good quality wine (or port), but I really, really have to be in the mood for it.

Whereas I'm always in the mood for a decent beer - so long as the style fits my mood enough (ie. I don't drink hefe when I feel like porter).

I refuse also to pay "premium" prices for BUL beer, and if it ain't on tap (except good craft brews - aka Nogne O, SN etc) I don't pay $8 for a stubby for it.

If I'm really wanting a beer, I can drive home and tap the keg heartily :D

Goomba

Sausage & Wizz Fizz sandwiches & a few longnecks of Tooheys Old.

The pairing of bbq sauce and the Wizzfizz leaves a unique damp sizzle on the tongue, which is then delicately absorbed by the toasty notes & medium/thin body of a mouthful of Old.

Actually, what's funny in the article is the quote from a sommelier (I think) who says that beer turnover is difficult to warrant putting it on the menu vs wine (and I assume markup will have something to do with that)..................

If I'm really wanting a beer, I can drive home and tap the keg heartily :D

Goomba

You can match that heavy of yours with any 500gm Rump I've ever tasted Goomba. That'd just about do me fine I reckon. :icon_drool2:

You can match that heavy of yours with any 500gm Rump I've ever tasted Goomba. That'd just about do me fine I reckon. :icon_drool2:
I'm going to have another taste of that tomorrow, 1st of august yay, and see what all the fuss is about. Maybe in the last month and a bit, something has happened.

Then Thursday i will have a tap,at your 2. Yum!

Goomba

Fry up a few strips of bacon, then a motherload of green beans & brussells sprouts in the fat. Avalanche onto some home sourdough, top with a fried egg or two and serve with an english style bitter or english IPA. Heaven.

Home made chilli lime pickle with sharp cheddar on a cracker with IPA.

or

Baked beans and Reschs Pilsner (worked at uni).

Latest posts

Back