No Head

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo-23

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently made a coopers draught with be2 and us-05 yeast..! Fermented at about 18 degrees for 10 days then in the garage for another 4 days at about 10 degrees to clear it up... Worked perfectly... Has been bottled for 2 weeks (inside at 18 degrees)... I threw one in the fridge last nite and tried it just before... Tastes amazing really happy, fairly fizzy ( could probs do with another week in the bottle) but the problem I have is there was no head?.. What could cause this?.. More time in the bottle?..

Did you thoroughly rinse the glass? Even the tiniest amount of detergent will kill the head quicker than my ex wife killed my bank account...

You get that with K&K brews.
Try to enhance your brews with some hops and specialty grains or better still try some unbittered extract recipes.

200g of Crystal Malt or some wheat does wonders for head and head retention. I found also with just kits head was sadly lacking.

Latest posts

Back