No Frills low cost pressure fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well my first attempt using the fermenter king junior didnt work so well. Pitched my yeast and 24 hours later had high krausen. A quick pull on the prv showed slight pressure and I checked all the connections for leaks with starsan, but the pressure gauge sat at 0. Another 24 hours later and fermenting had slowed considerably with very little movement, But this time there was no pressure at all when I pulled the prv valve.

i dont appear to have a leak so why isnt it building up any pressure?

Fermenter King Junior will be available this week. We'll update the website and have an announcement when they're online.

Normally a tight fitting silicone bung is fitted to the inside.
You might want to make sure you either put them on the inside before you sell them or put that in your instructions. Ask Kane about my phone call tonight if he hasn't already told you.

What’s is the diameter and overall height of these please?

Happy with mine now that I know the rubber bung goes on the inside (Which was moved after I took this photo when I had to open up to dry hop)..:p

FMJ.jpg

Happy with mine now that I know the rubber bung goes on the inside (Which was moved after I took this photo when I had to open up to dry hop)..:p

View attachment 117050
I didn't want to embarrass you by asking which side of the pressure vessel you stuck the bung. Doesn't matter about opening up the vessel to dry hop, the co2 isn't going nowhere. Its looking good.:bigcheers:

I didn't want to embarrass you by asking which side of the pressure vessel you stuck the bung. Doesn't matter about opening up the vessel to dry hop, the co2 isn't going nowhere. Its looking good.:bigcheers:
There was no Co2. It leaked out because I had the bung on the wrong side...lol

BTW. Thats your Zombie dust clone.

What exactly is the purpose of the silicon bung? The video mentions installing it but no explanation as to why it's there. Is it a result of using the same mould as the king keg (something that is fitted to the king keg but not the junior) This is a genuine question btw not some half arsed attempt at stirring the poo. I really like the format, perfect for high grav half batches, compact, and no stainless stands to mess about with.

What exactly is the purpose of the silicon bung? The video mentions installing it but no explanation as to why it's there. Is it a result of using the same mould as the king keg (something that is fitted to the king keg but not the junior) This is a genuine question btw not some half arsed attempt at stirring the poo. I really like the format, perfect for high grav half batches, compact, and no stainless stands to mess about with.
You pretty much nailed it, it is in the mould for the commercial kegs, don't know what the purpose is though.

Truman/WEAL piccies of the bung would help as I have two winging their way to the PO Box and a short time to build xmas stock!!
:bigcheers:
My lazy ass just found the vid now I understand I think, is it just a safety blow out, to keep Safety Sally at bay?

Last edited:
Truman/WEAL piccies of the bung would help as I have two winging their way to the PO Box and a short time to build xmas stock!!
My lazy ass just found the vid now I understand I think, is it just a safety blow out, to keep Safety Sally at bay?
I haven't got one as yet, but the bung goes on the inside the pressure secures the seal, put it on the outside and the pressure could blow it out.

Grmblz - I am almost speechless. We made something you liked. Welcome to the fold. Where the bung goes is the place normally occupied by a higher pressure PRV which protects the vessel in its King Keg incarnation. As the Fermenter needs a lower value PRV we just close that hole with a bung that is easy to clean. I think we are putting them out as a twin pack with a 10% discount for Christmas. Whilst here let me wish you and others who kept us on our toes this year all the best and I pray we can give you the best possible brewing gear for years to come.

@CEO Keg King Thank you for the explanation, and the 10%, if I were you I would brace myself for the rush. The only possible downside I can see is the opening size, it appears to be the same as the fermentasaurus and my arm doesn't fit through mine for cleaning (there's a hazy deposit that no amount of soaking will shift) having said that it's really just a minor quibble, although if you ever decide to re-jig it an arm friendly hole would make it perfect. FWIW I have quite a bit of KK stuff I just took exception to all the one eyed fan boi BS on the other thread, and a good product is a good product no matter who makes it. Anyway any idea when the 10% will kick in? it will help with the postage.

@CEO Keg King Thank you for the explanation, and the 10%, if I were you I would brace myself for the rush. The only possible downside I can see is the opening size, it appears to be the same as the fermentasaurus and my arm doesn't fit through mine for cleaning (there's a hazy deposit that no amount of soaking will shift) having said that it's really just a minor quibble, although if you ever decide to re-jig it an arm friendly hole would make it perfect. FWIW I have quite a bit of KK stuff I just took exception to all the one eyed fan boi BS on the other thread, and a good product is a good product no matter who makes it. Anyway any idea when the 10% will kick in? it will help with the postage.

Thanks for that and I hope that we can get lots of folks interested out there and do some brewing under pressure. Let me check with my GM to see if the 10% discount was accepted. Look I don't like negative stuff but we had so much shit heaped on us that in the end I stopped taking it on the chin and fought back. Can you imagine being kept off AHB for two years for stuff we had not done. We got blamed for the actions of those trying to damage us. That makes you spit the dummy in the end.

Anyway its a time for peace to all mankind and especially brewers I reckon so I am really happy we could do something that makes sense and brings joy to the hops and malt fraternity.

Latest posts

Back