No Ferment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you sterilise a spoon and skim some ueast of the top of the brew that's going well and toss this into the one that's not. You'll be using the same strain in both but you could get started tonight then. Don't forget to give it a good shake as all the air would have gone out of it.

My two cents worth

Starkesbier

he already said he had Swiss S-189 which would be a great choice

Sorry I missed that, as Bribie says, this is a good yeast and can stand a higner fermenting temp around 12 if you like. So if you have some more, rehydrate to proof and make a litre starter as mentioned and pitch this at high krausen.

Cheers,

Screwy

Why don't you sterilise a spoon and skim some ueast of the top of the brew that's going well and toss this into the one that's not. You'll be using the same strain in both but you could get started tonight then. Don't forget to give it a good shake as all the air would have gone out of it.

My two cents worth

Starkesbier

Seems like a great idea to me. Top cropped yeast (in my limited experience of it), always results in a super healthy ferment.

My two cents worth

Starkesbier

Great idea, looked at post #1 and for some reason thought he was fermenting an ale and a lager, wondered about the temp diff :huh:

Sorry

Screwy

Latest posts

Back