No beer in lines - keg king kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopAssault

Reaction score
G'day,

i've just invested in a second hand kegerator recently, which im having troubles setting up. Currently its all set up, though there isn't any beer going through the lines at all.

Here's what i've tested so far:

-gas bottle is full and turned on

-checked for leaks at every barb/joint with soapy water

-made sure gas and liquid disconnects are on the right poppets

-keg is fully carbonated and pressurised

-dip tube is not blocked

-changed all beer and gas lines over, tried multiple taps

I even bought a new keg and filled it with star san to make sure it wasn't a problem with the first keg, hooked it all up, and nothing comes out of the beer line.

Is there something really obvious i'm missing here? I just want a pint of this double ipa already!

Whats your regulator set at?

The only time I had a keg line blocked was with a big dry hopped IPA which blocked the dip tube but you have already check that

Are you using a gas manifold for your gas lines? The following might apply if you are. I did a dumbarse thing the other week when I was cleaning out a keg and beer line/tap, hooked up the gas line to the keg and turned on the wrong valve on the manifold and didn't realise for a short time. Wondered why no water was coming out. :lol:

Have you opened the regulator? ie on a Keg King turn the big grey nob clockwise? Are your meters working?

Did you buy the beer already carb up or did you carb via the gas bottle? I ask because I wondered if have you got an in line check valve on the gas line and got it the wrong way so no gas getting to keg?

Should be enough pressure to come out though.

Hahah, so turns out I didnt have the disconnects pushed on hard enough :lol:
I was being overly cautious in trying to push them on because the first time I tried I broke the first gas disconnect.
All is good! Except the beer isn't fully carbed yet.

The reg has been set at about 13-14 PSI at 3 deg's for 4 days now, except with all this screwing around I somehow depressurised the keg. How much carbonation will the beer lose from this?

Thanks heaps for the replies fellas, FWIW the IIPA is delicious! :drinks:

From my experience mate ( very little) but at 13 psi at 3 deg your beer will need about another 6 days to get to the right carb levels, in all honesty just keep tasting a bit every day and youll get the hang of it

HopAssault said:
Hahah, so turns out I didnt have the disconnects pushed on hard enough :lol:
I was being overly cautious in trying to push them on because the first time I tried I broke the first gas disconnect.

(******* didn't type in correct spot on page)
Glad problem solved. With the disconnects to make things easier put some keg lube on the keg posts and rather than "banging" the disconnects on the posts retract the spring loaded pard of the disconnect as you put it on.
Cheers

I generally gas my kegs at 2oC for 24 hours at 350kpa constant, after conditioning at a holding pressure of 150kpa. Shouldn't have any dramas with that.

Latest posts

Back