No Action With Mangrove Jacks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgaz

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have managed to have a few good brews using Coopers cans but for this current brew I have tried a Mangrove Jacks Classic Blonde. I mixed it up on Saturday (16th). Everything was sterilsed very well. OG was 1037. It bubbled away nicely the next morning, but now appears to have stopped fermenting. I did a reading a few minutes ago and it is 1012 (8pm on the 18th). The temperature has remained in the range 18c - 22c. I tasted my test batch and it tastes fine. Is it normal for this brew to appear to slow down so quickly? BTW, the can had a 2014 use by date and I mixed it with Cooper brew enhancer 2 (1kg).
Thanks for your help and a great site..

Hi all.
I have managed to have a few good brews using Coopers cans but for this current brew I have tried a Mangrove Jacks Classic Blonde. I mixed it up on Saturday (16th). Everything was sterilsed very well. OG was 1037. It bubbled away nicely the next morning, but now appears to have stopped fermenting. I did a reading a few minutes ago and it is 1012 (8pm on the 18th). The temperature has remained in the range 18c - 22c. I tasted my test batch and it tastes fine. Is it normal for this brew to appear to slow down so quickly? BTW, the can had a 2014 use by date and I mixed it with Cooper brew enhancer 2 (1kg).
Thanks for your help and a great site..

Let it sit for another couple of days and if possible raise the temp a couple of degrees C to finish off also known as a diacetyl rest and measure SG again and see if it has changed if it hasn't then I would bottle. The best way to know when it is finished is to measure your brew on consecutive days and if the SG doesn't change then it is most likely finished. (most of the time)

Let it sit for another couple of days and if possible raise the temp a couple of degrees C to finish off also known as a diacetyl rest and measure SG again and see if it has changed if it hasn't then I would bottle. The best way to know when it is finished is to measure your brew on consecutive days and if the SG doesn't change then it is most likely finished. (most of the time)

Thank you.. :rolleyes: I'll let you know it it goes.

Maybe the Mangrove Jack yeast is a quick fermenter but doesn't reach as low a finishing gravity as the coopers yeast. I'd leave it go a few more days to let it finish up like cambrew said.

Bottled tonight. Its tastes fine. I was just thrown by it fermenting so quick. I'm looking forward to sampling it in a few weeks:) I'll let you all know how it goes. Once agian, I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers,

M

Well, I tried a bottle tonight and I really like it. I'll do this one again. Thanks for your help again.

I have this one in the fermenter as we speak, after day nine I think it's ready to bottle, will also let you know what it's like. Glad yours was enjoyable

Back