Nitro at Starbucks.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stouter

Reaction score
IMG_2401.JPG
Not sure if this has come up before but I did search with no result.
Had to take a photo of it as I've never seen it before. Saw them pouring it and thought Starbucks might have been trying for a larger demographic. Even as I drink it I have this utterly deceived feeling as the coffee hits my mouth which is expecting Guinness. Double tap font and drip tray too!

Stouter.. is that a Frozen phone case?!
That's a damn fine pick up mtb. Yes, it is. I wondered if anyone would see that.
I'm so far behind on tech that I have to use my kid's iPad. Plus my tellingbone doesn't work here.

People often tell me I notice the most irrelevant of details. Or maybe, my own daughter loves Frozen and my subconscious loathes the sight of Elsa.

..back on topic though. Was it good?

Like I said, deceiving.
My eyes kept telling my brain, Stout, and even as I let it hit the back of my tongue and I got the coffee taste I was left thinking for a second that the beer taste would come next to level out the bitterness.
Something akin to orgasm denial, allegedly.

View attachment 106810 Not sure if this has come up before but I did search with no result.
Had to take a photo of it as I've never seen it before. Saw them pouring it and thought Starbucks might have been trying for a hipster demographic. Even as I drink it I have this utterly deceived feeling as the coffee hits my mouth which is expecting Guinness. Double tap font and drip tray too!

http://business.financialpost.com/n...rket/wcm/36b0c261-1be6-425a-af18-057736f2d8a0

How ironic.

It's huge in the States now, de rigueur for any self-respecting coffee joint. Me, I miss a shitty cup of diner joe with waffles and sausage gravy.

It's huge in the States now, de rigueur for any self-respecting coffee joint. Me, I miss a shitty cup of diner joe with waffles and sausage gravy.

Do you insist on Maxwell House or Folgers?

I liked that it was cold. I was dripping sweat at the time from the humidity. Plus as Dave points out, I got to sit with all the Chinese hipsters and cool kids in A/C, surfing the net on my Frozen iPad. That's gotta boost my hipster points.

I did wander about with the drink in my hand taking the occasional swig, like I do when at the pub, but started getting strange looks from the other hip cats.

Nitrogen is the gas used if you want to kill yourself Inert gas asphyxiation carbon dioxide if that is used causes reflex action and feeling of suffocation so how safe is it to have all this nitrogen where a couple of breaths can cause unconsciousness and death .

So if there were a leaking connection on the reg, that slowly filled up the cupboard where the cylinder was stored, and oldmate barista went to change the cylinder........ bloody Starbucks death trap.
Still, they've been using it on Guinness for years. Are there any reported cases of this happening in Irish pubs? You'd have to be unlucky.

That's 8 bucks for a coffee in China? I thought you could eat all day on that.

That's 8 bucks for a coffee in China? I thought you could eat all day on that.
Eat all day, yes. Drink coffee all day no. Poor old Starbucks have to pay for their A/C, trendy hipster furniture, and still rip people off though!
I did notice the price of petrol wasn't far off ours, expected that to be much cheaper.

The likelihood of suffocating in a cafe serving nitro carbed drinks would be up there with winning lotto. You'd have to have a big leak from a big bottle, in a completely air tight cafe. The air we currently breath is already nearly 80% nitrogen. I'd say it's safe.

Nitrogen is the gas used if you want to kill yourself Inert gas asphyxiation carbon dioxide if that is used causes reflex action and feeling of suffocation so how safe is it to have all this nitrogen where a couple of breaths can cause unconsciousness and death .

Yeah scary gas they have so much die all we will unless careful could sometimes happen while make ham bacon under the house has spiders

Yeah scary gas they have so much die all we will unless careful could sometimes happen while make ham bacon under the house has spiders

Get off the Glass Harley Manticle, your high!!!

Back