Niko Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
Apparently Niko has released 2011 Simcoe, Citra and Amarillo. Anyone getting any?

Apparently, due to short supply, they are only being sold in 2oz amounts, which isnt really worth it IMO (though i can understand why they do it)... But it'll be devastating to miss out on 2011 hops...

people need to bulk buy with that offer..16 oz to the lb..and at $5

I agree with Du, that is highway robbery, 8 x 5 = 40 + 14 = 55, long way from a bargain that's for sure!!

Is 2011 simcoe/citra going to be hard to get once niko runs out?

It might be worth it to place an order if so, the prices are not bad compared to local prices. And the more you buy the better the price difference is.

I'm still weighing it up.

I just dropped $300 with niko....

Even if I'm paying a couple of extra bucks, he has the hops I want, he is a great bloke who almost instantly answers your emails (especially with the stupid questions I ask) and the shipping aint that much.

Would absolutely recommend him to any other home brewers.

I just dropped $300 with niko....

Even if I'm paying a couple of extra bucks, he has the hops I want, he is a great bloke who almost instantly answers your emails (especially with the stupid questions I ask) and the shipping aint that much.

Would absolutely recommend him to any other home brewers.
+1, have bought from niko a couple times now, very reliable and excellent customer service. if you have any issues send him an email and he'll do whatever he can to help out. highly reccomended

The orders I have done have all been perfect. Great service, no dramas. Last order took 6 days :)

I just tacked on some citra and simcoe to a Niko order - slightly cheaper than craftbrewer for the simcoe (and citra isn't in stock atm).

The service is great and the shipping is very reasonable for people (like me) who take forever to use a full pound of one variety.

Is 2011 simcoe/citra going to be hard to get once niko runs out?

It might be worth it to place an order if so, the prices are not bad compared to local prices. And the more you buy the better the price difference is.

I'm still weighing it up.

That's my problem also. However, i'd be keen on some other varieties too, which havent been released for this year yet. So should i order now, get some fresh hops and some from last years crop, or should i wait for a while and risk them being sold out....

Niko currently have stock of Simcoe and Citra 2011, but only in 2oz packs. They had pounds but are sold out. First come first served I guess.

Thanks for the kind feedback and the orders folks, we definitely appreciate it. I posted this in another thread but also wanted to let you know we have some full pounds of Citra left for another hour (ran a 24 hour promotion). We plan to release more this Saturday at 10AM MST for 24 hours again (we need to get caught up all the current orders and give the warehouse a short break to breathe lol). This is full pounds, no limits, $35/lb.

Yes, this is not a low price for a standard pound of hops though they are very limited on the market and we spent a lot of money bringing them in. We plan to offer them every Saturday in full pounds until all of our supply is gone. If you'd like to be kept up to date on these promotions as well please add yourself to our newsletter list on the left hand side of any page of our site.

Thanks again, it's a pleasure to serve the home brewing community in Australia, and you folks by far get the most hops from us out of any country other than the US and we definitely appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back