Night Time Brewing With Flame Throwers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
well finally after getting back from holidays and two night shifts i woke up this arvo full of enthusiasm to put the globe burners into action.took a bit of construction and fitting of gas joiners etc but im up and away for a ag brew using these burners after holidays.ive got some photos at night to show the globe burners at there pyromaniac best.
if you get the chance to purchase these go for it they are worth the effort.(thanks chiller for the original posting who put me onto these awesome burners).

new_burners_at_night_001.jpg

and the sound of one going on its own is loud but two together is un furkin loud

new_burners_at_night_010.jpg

Awesome! Very impressive flame. I'll have to get some decent burners like that in the future.

They'd have to chew through a gas bottle pretty quickly!

some good brew days and nights for the effects ahead of me

new_burners_at_night_011.jpg

havent given the two a large outing yet hoops but from discussion with chiller they are suprisingly economical on the gas.

Stop it! The more you write, the more money it will end up costing me! ;)

hey hoops if you venture into any of the better hbs in adelaide you will spend money and thats even before you hit the ag trail.
i really wanted to hit jm on the head and take his huge bag of fresh hops home with me.man that was one big bag of hop.and the aroma was insane.

I was at Chillers place with Big D the morning that he fired up on of the burners as a demo on the HLT.
Un furkenbelievable, it heated cold tap water to about 70deg c in a few minutes.
Damn it!!!!
I wish I had known about them when I built my system.
Cheers,

Damn you two!
I need more info now....where, how much, LPG or NG?

unless im beaten to the punch

globe importers pty ltd
423 magill road st morris sth aust 5068
ph 08 8364 2488 fax 08 8364 2505
email [email protected]
mob 0418 824 190

cost in june $29-95
this includes a stand which i discarded to my mother as a pot plant holder so can be down sized if postaged is required.they come in a cardboard box of two units stand included.

hope this helps.
btw these burners require a high pressure regulator which they sell for approx $50.
i use an industrial lpg reg which can boost the pressure up so high it puts the flame out.it requires tweaking.
gas im using is lpg

Thanks BigD
Might give them a call this week to find out how much postage will cost me.
(Found chiller's thread on the subject that answered some of my Qs)
Does anyone know where to get these in Brisbane?

Hoops,

it may be worth giving a couple of industrial catering supply companies a call - you might get lucky. Those burners are wicked, though you'd probably need a flame suit to get close enough to stir the pot! :p

- Snow

big d,
that explains the glow of light coming from the northern sky last night. :lol: :lol:
my neighbours thought the little green men had finally landed and were preparing to meet them.

cheers

hoopsunitedbrewery said:
Might give them a call this week to find out how much postage will cost me.
Bigd,

Those truely are awesome.
I'm sure they will be a magnet to my little son though :angry:
I'll have to figure out a way of isolating the boiler so I can get one of these burners so I can do tripple AG brew days in the same time it takes to do 2 AG brews :D

Hooops, did you get a price on the shipping cost ?

Beers,
Doc

its a boy magnet for sure doc.
my little 2 year old mate next door wandered over as hes inclined to do when im outside and couldnt help himself.
dave? beer beer and then he started turning the gas valve up down and tweaking what ever he could find.made the day very interesting as i kindly hit him with the cattle prod to move him along. ;)
rest of the neighbourhood kids asked what the foul smell was.
the girls were told you will not like it and the boys were told in good time you will love it.

cheers
big d

Doc said:
Hooops, did you get a price on the shipping cost ?

Beers,
Doc
No had a very busy last few days so I will call them next week.

Hoops

Back