Nickb's Nanango Brew Day - 19th June

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Howdy All!

So, finally got SWMBO approval for a brew day at my new place! Woo! The theme for the day will be..... BEER!!! :beerbang:
Apologies for the shortish notice, but was looking at Saturday 29th of May, at my place in Nanango (about 2.5 hrs NW of Brisbane for those who don't know!)

Was thinking of brewing a single or possibly a double batch of something, and anyone coming along is more than welcome to bring brew gear etc. Don't have a huge amount of power to spare, as my rig takes up the 20A downstairs circuit, but we could run a couple of leads from other circuits if needed. I will have to limit this to two electric rigs of 10A each. If you're all gas (like TidalPete), then you'll be sweet.

Food on the day will be a simple affair, with the BBQ featuring prominently. Was thinking of a cover charge of maybe $20 each (depending on numbers) to cover food and nibbles, and I will buy it all locally before the day.

You are, of course, more than welcome to stay the night, however at SWMBOs orders, no strays in the house. I have a huge deck you can bunk down on, and a small amount of flat grass out the front of the house for tents etc. Lots of parking if you prefer to sleep in the car.

Anyhow, I am open to any ideas, suggestions etc

Post your name below if you're attending, along with any beer you'll be bringing. Also, one special favour for those of you coming along - please could you bring with you one spare bag of ice? I need plenty to keep the font on the bar cold, so would really appreciate it!

Will PM bank and address details closer to the day. (Oh, and there is the possibility of moving this to June 12th if May 29th is not gonna work out...)

Hope to see you here!

Cheers and Beers!

1. NickB - 5 x kegs of beery substance distributed by chilled font

Howdy All!

So, finally got SWMBO approval for a brew day at my new place! Woo! The theme for the day will be..... BEER!!! :beerbang:
Apologies for the shortish notice, but was looking at Saturday 29th of May, at my place in Nanango (about 2.5 hrs NW of Brisbane for those who don't know!)

Was thinking of brewing a single or possibly a double batch of something, and anyone coming along is more than welcome to bring brew gear etc. Don't have a huge amount of power to spare, as my rig takes up the 20A downstairs circuit, but we could run a couple of leads from other circuits if needed. I will have to limit this to two electric rigs of 10A each. If you're all gas (like TidalPete), then you'll be sweet.

Food on the day will be a simple affair, with the BBQ featuring prominently. Was thinking of a cover charge of maybe $20 each (depending on numbers) to cover food and nibbles, and I will buy it all locally before the day.

You are, of course, more than welcome to stay the night, however at SWMBOs orders, no strays in the house. I have a huge deck you can bunk down on, and a small amount of flat grass out the front of the house for tents etc. Lots of parking if you prefer to sleep in the car.

Anyhow, I am open to any ideas, suggestions etc

Post your name below if you're attending, along with any beer you'll be bringing. Also, one special favour for those of you coming along - please could you bring with you one spare bag of ice? I need plenty to keep the font on the bar cold, so would really appreciate it!

Will PM bank and address details closer to the day. (Oh, and there is the possibility of moving this to June 12th if May 29th is not gonna work out...)

Hope to see you here!

Cheers and Beers!

Onya Nick I'll be in on this one. Was off to Bundy on the 30th so now I'm off to Bundy on the 29th via Nanango :D . Remind me a couple of days prior and I will bring a few big blocks of "Ice", Although its better to just drink coffee to stay awake.

2. Bradsbrew- A 5 keg draining apperatus

Not a good date Nick, but with a bit of shameless crawling and sniveling perhaps begging I'm sure I'll be there.

Otherwise I'll try

cry_b.jpg

I don't want to miss this :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

Fingers crossed mate, hope you can make it :)

Cheers!

As usual bad timing - now I've got a functional vehicle to get there, I find myself hosting one of my son's mates 21st on the same weekend :angry:
Just glad some joking around last week uncovered my involvement :blink:

Pfft, who's more important Perry? Moi, surely..... :ph34r:

bump for the morning crowd

Tentative Nick, Specailist appointment a few days before. If he keeps me on the new drugs I'll run over to Nangi carrying a keg on my back :lol:

The things a bloke will do for one pissup a week :lol:

Screwy

We live in uncertain times Nick.
Uncertain if I can scrounge a lift to Nanango & back?
Uncertain if I would survive a sub-zero night on your verandah? Hint, hint. ;)
Uncertain if I can escape the missus so soon after my forthcoming escapade to be?
Will do my very best to get there. :beer:

TP

Uncertain if I can scrounge a lift to Nanango & back?
Uncertain if I would survive a sub-zero night on your verandah? Hint, hint. ;)
Uncertain if I can escape the missus so soon after my forthcoming escapade to be?

TP

1. If you can get here and I can go, I'll give you a lift Pete.
2. Nick said no one in the house, that includes the elderly. H.T.F.U !
3. See my post a few back.

Batz

I am a definite maybe NickyPoo. Will need to negotiate with SWMBO for some man time :rolleyes: .

Got any goats to keep Olde Chap Chap warm on the porch?

TP if I can get a leave pass I will pick ya up and drop ya off me Olde Mate...

Do we have to bring anything NickyPoo? And will Brian Manix be there (little Bro)? :lol:

Cheers

Chap Chap

No, no and no Chappo...(damn it, why isn't Chappo blocked, I blocked him, what a wa.....oops)

No goats sorry, but a couple of chickens if you're keen....

Nothing needed to bring except yourselves, your beers, some ice for the font, and maybe a glass...

I am open to the idea of everyone bringing something to chuck on the BBQ if it's easier however.

Bro will not be here as he's back in Tas working again.

Cheers!

Uncertain if I can scrounge a lift to Nanango & back? Many thanks for the offers fellas. Will get back to you when you assert you male superiority. :p
Uncertain if I would survive a sub-zero night on your verandah? Hint, hint. ;) Still waiting for an act of kindness but will HTFU if I must.
Uncertain if I can escape the missus so soon after my forthcoming escapade to be? Solved! :super:

TP

TP

Superb Pete. Leave your stink at home though..... :ph34r:

Oh, and will work on SWMBO Pete, but no promises.

1. If you can get here and I can go, I'll give you a lift Pete.
2. Nick said no one in the house, that includes the elderly. H.T.F.U !
3. See my post a few back.
4. Solid maybe, so long as my font purchase remains undiscovered anyway. :(

Pete, if I can get there you're welcome to lift with me, us 'Coast boys' got to stick together!

Might bring a keg to share too.....

Sorry, meant to say "I have a huge deck, bro"

Have been playing around with some video streaming software, and think we might webcast at least some of the festivities for those who can't make it along :)

Cheers

Back