NG Burner req.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hassles

Reaction score
G'day
I am wanting to acquire a brewpot burner that will run on Natural Gas for in kitchen brewing. I was rather keen on Italian Spiral Burners thinking these were designed for LPG and another for Natural Gas. It appears I am wrong. The Mongolian burners seem suitable with the exception that I'm brewing indoors and these are not recommended for indoor use. So....I am looking for suggestions for alternative, natural gas, burners that will comfortably get my 30 liters boiling away (for AG brewing) OR suggested and safe modifications for the Italian Spiral Burner.
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks

It's not what you asked for, but electric sounds like a better route to take for indoors brewing on a 30L size system.

How do you plan on getting Natural gas too it?? Via a stove outlet or similar??
the reason it would say not suitable for indoors is due to the fact that the bi-product of burning gas is quite dangerous Carbon Monoxide i think it is...
i'd never use a gas burner of that size indoors, but thats just me :) i'd look into a URN much safer for indoor brewing

felten said:
It's not what you asked for, but electric sounds like a better route to take for indoors brewing on a 30L size system.
I'm intending using an old brewery keg and due to the nature of the kegs base, I reckon gas is the only way I'll get enough heat to keep a rolling boil and give me control.

I have an electric stove and it just won't boil anything beyond a few liters unless the lids on. I am also not interested in manually inserted heating elements.

m3taL said:
How do you plan on getting Natural gas too it?? Via a stove outlet or similar??

the reason it would say not suitable for indoors is due to the fact that the bi-product of burning gas is quite dangerous Carbon Monoxide i think it is...

i'd never use a gas burner of that size indoors, but thats just me :) i'd look into a URN much safer for indoor brewing
I had a gas line installed behind the electric stove so I could swap to gas instead.

The kitchen is pretty easy to ventilate - exhaust fans, doors and windows which can all be left ajar.

thanks

There are quite a few good electric elements available, which would be far safer for indoor brewing. I've got a 2.2kw element in my HLT (a converted keg) and it heats that up to strike/sparge temps no worries. I'd probably whack two in there for boiling though. You can pick up a couple of 2kw elements for around 25-30 clams each, but you will need a sparky to wire them up for you. Alternatively you can get some elements pre-wired from many of the sponsors here, all you need is a hole in the pot as most of them are a no-weld kit.

My 2c.

JD

Back