Next Generation Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black n Tan

Reaction score
G&G have the next generation Braumeisters on display. The only differences I could see are the lid (it is now more contoured, presumably to stop dripping) and the control box with curved touchscreen display. I flicked through the manual briefly and the only noticeable difference is it can store 10 preset mash profiles (they call them recipes). Unfortunately it does not appear to have a wake timer i.e.. set it to turn on at 7.00am so you can mash in when you get up. Photos below. FullSizeRender-1.jpgFullSizeRender-2.jpgFullSizeRender-4.jpg

It also has wireless capability, so you can control it from your smart phone or tablet - from what I'm told. Only thing is that the wireless client is still in development, and I believe expected for March availability.

Picking mine up this weekend most likely. Exciting times!

I walked straight past and didnt even notice them haha woops!

The new Braumeister model features a new Controller with a memory function for 10 different mashing profiles, a wireless connection for remote monitoring and a screen which will allow for the user to see the full recipe and easily change it.
Now I have no idea what that all means, but I'm keen to find out. Perhaps it's German for 'a new lid' B)

Batz

Spiesy said:
It also has wireless capability, so you can control it from your smart phone or tablet - from what I'm told. Only thing is that the wireless client is still in development, and I believe expected for March availability.

Yes I heard that, but think it is still a few months off in coming live, and I didn't see it mentioned in the manual.

At my age it's better to keep it simple, big buttons (braille characters) perhaps? A much louder buzzer, a car horn comes to mind.
Possible remote small electric shocks for hop addition and whirlfloc tablet reminders.

Then a couple of very nice beer wenches to clean up, easy as. :beer:

Batz

Very interested to see cost for a controller replacement. I am expecting to be disappointed and unsurprised though!

Just got my new 50L home... pimped her out with a Blichmann G2 Flow Control valve to Blichmann elbow QuickConnect - and got the short malt pipe option too, as I like to brew, so I often just do single batches.

Got a sparky mate coming round in the morning to wire in my 15-amp socket.

Exciting times ahead! :)

What do they call the BM on your invoice Speis?

Surely as a primary producer i could find a tax deduction category for it, when I could afford one that is :)

shaunous said:

Surely as a primary producer i could find a tax deduction category for it, when I could afford one that is :)
It's listed as "Braumeister 50L".

Spiesy said:

Any word on the wifi & smartphone control yet?

shaunous said:

A Bramister 50L is a very useful piece of spraying equipment needed for your flock and/or fields yeah?

"Those danged folk and the grain and grape supply store must have a typo in their system calling it a Braumeister" Shaunous said to his accountant

One of the benefits to farming, which there isn't many of these days, is being able to use and claim nigh on everything for your business. Legitimately of coarse.

Latest posts

Back