• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Newcastle - Free! Chest Freezer, Bottles, Fermenter, Bottle Capper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
I have up for grabs a chest freezer, About 3-4 milk crates of bottles, fermenter, old bottle capper and about 20kg dextrose (unknown quality) up for grabs.

The chest freeze started to play up (seemed to be on all the time) it may be fine and may be able to be fixed but not a problem I want to explore so be warned it is what it is may be easy to fix may need to be thrown to the curb.

I got prob 3 crates of bottle and them crates have bottles jambed upsidedown on top so dont know the amount or the state of the bottles, Alot are old ones I got from tony and some toohyes new ones but I think I got rid of most of them. They need a good clean as have been sitting for a year or so without use. Again be warned some might need to be thrown. Oh and I think there is a few still with beer in from a house my misses uncle bought I tried one it didnt kill me and wasnt to bad but tasted and felt like a light beer.

I have a old fermenter I got from misses uncles house, Never used by me so cannot say the state its in. I did soak it in napisan for a few days but I have that many fermenters it has never got put into the rounds!

I also have a old bottle capper from misses uncles place never used it my self looks like a home made job but looks very well made.

I have roughly 20kg dextrose, Quality unknown, about 1 year old and its just in its original barrier bag. I would highly suggest to throw it in the boil if you use it as last time I used it to bottle had a few cockroach craps in there (maybe 3) but if you boiled it and scooped the crap out and a heap around it cannot see a issue. I have mashed a heap of weavels into my beer once I still drank it :p

Prob other random shit to but have not gone threw the shed to look.

something like that. its only ammonium nitrate or chlorine :p just kill you slowly no glowing involved

what about a white corny keg disconnect?

have some interest on this by one person but are waiting a reply. I also have some coopers PET caps, bottling wand, scales that work but the clips broken to hold the battery in, would be a easy fix but got better scales with the mix master we bought and I took them :p Also considering my old MT 25lt (think it is) esky with manifold, shank, ball valve and a cheap plastic barb But would like a 6 pack of some nice beer for that one :p

I could do with another fermenter, and have been using a butterfly capper I got in a toohey's kit, which is a pain to use.

So I'm interested in those.

I live in Branxton (near singleton) and only travel to Newcastle occasionally... what suburb?
Pm me if you don't wanna get too specific publicly for some reason.

Ps are bottles stubbies and/or crown cap? I have a huge collection of toohey stubbies... I replace them with crown stubbies I acquire but nothing else.

Edit: photo of your 25L Eski? Not sure what you're talking about.

Hey I havnt looked at this thread for a while. I have 2 guys interested but I am guessing the first guy is not interested as has not replied to any PM I sent. Another is interested in bottles and freezer but is on holidays so will wait till he comes back as I am away for work anyway.

The bottles are all tallies there is some crown some screw top I am away ATM so the amount of each is not known.

The esky is a mashtun, so it has a copper manifold, threaded pipe and a ball valve. Will get a photo when I get home again.

I live in windale so its a bit away from branxton but I may have to go to singleton when I am home so may be able to drop stuff off or meet you some where on the way

Ah mash tun, never mind the photo... I only brew cider and kit beer so that's out of my league.

I've recently acquired a bunch of bottles... too much if anything .. so if no one else claims fermenter & capper I'll take them... if you're not planning a trip over this way soon, I'm going to stockton Tuesday, could swing by your 'burb.

sorry I didnt put to track this thread. All that has been taken (well not yet but guy seems keen) is the freezer. Luek Capper and fermenter are all yours you can have the dextrose if you use it. I would boil it first but I bottled many brews out of it without and hastle although that was prob close to a year ago. I work at gunnedah so go threw branxton alot but the rig motor has blown up so will be in the yard for a while. I will PM you and I will put to track this thread so I get emails when some one posts here.

So I have still

freezer (But accounted for)
3-4 Milk crates of bottles and about 2 more milk crates on there own if you want then
fermenter rst (luek fipreference)
bottle capper (luek fipreference)
dextrose
bottle filler
some pet bottle caps

Still havnt gone right threw the place yet so may be more but will post when/if I find more

freezer is gone and luek is organising to get the fermenter and bottle capper forgot to ask if he wanted any more I put on the list but if he doesnt the rest is still there.

Back