Newcastle CBD gets a venue with on-site brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a fantastic looking brewery, and we all know Shawn can brew - so another Novocastrian looking forward to the opening
Mark

Kinda wonder why traditional Belgian style beers will be the focus?

Pratty1 said:
You mean Belgium-style?!

I play baseball with the guy that is going to manage the place. Super stoked (hopefully get a tour :D )

Edit: He posted this to his Facebook feed the other day (along with a bunch of other photos, but who cares about the kitchen :p )

vKH91VG.jpg

vvoody said:
I play baseball with the guy that is going to manage the place. Super stoked (hopefully get a tour :D )

Edit: He posted this to his Facebook feed the other day (along with a bunch of other photos, but who cares about the kitchen :p )

vKH91VG.jpg
16 Taps behind the Bar. :super:

Hoping it's opened by the 18th while I'm down there for the Knights - Parra game
Looking forward to checking it out :)

On account of DELICIOUSNESS.

There's another Hunter onsite brewery, around Pokolbin or somewhere. This is good stuff though, hope it attracts more people into Newcastle. Must pop in next time I'm visiting the folks.

TimT said:
There's another Hunter onsite brewery, around Pokolbin or somewhere. This is good stuff though, hope it attracts more people into Newcastle. Must pop in next time I'm visiting the folks.
theres a relatively new one at Hop estate aswell.
i sat down last October over a couple of tasting paddles and watched a mash... at 11am...

TimT said:

On account of DELICIOUSNESS.

Is the one you're thinking of Lovedale Brewery at Hunter Valley Crowne Plaza? Used to the be the Schwartz Brewery in Sydney on account of Dr Schwartz owning the Crowne Plaza

TimT said:
There is this one at Potters Tavern and the lovedale brewery at Crowne Plaza.

The Rydges hotel down in World Square must be owned by Crowne as they serve all of those beers. I had the lager at Bitter and Twisted and it was great. The pale is ok.

Hunter Beer Co have some great drops and they are generous with tasting sessions :)

I live 2 mins walk from the new foghorn brewery.... can't wait for it to open!!! so good to see all these new places opening around town

it was only a matter of time, I won't be surprised if more pop up this year (living in hope). Good on Shawn for having a crack, I hope it is successful

Im sure it will be and I too am looking forward to it.

Back