Newcastle Brown.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
Trying to find a nice Newki brown recipe. (Partial) My dads coming over from the states for xmas and he love the stuff, reminds him of his time spent in my mother land.

Trying to find a nice Newki brown recipe. (Partial) My dads coming over from the states for xmas and he love the stuff, reminds him of his time spent in my mother land.

If memory serves, I believe the kalgoorlie Brewers had a recipe in the DB...

Thanks guys. Im not quite up to AG yet, have been doing a few partials. Ive been looking around on the net and get A kind of idea of the area I need to be in but still looking for a tried and tested Partial somthing close or ball park to a Newcastle brown ale.
Thanks Rob

Do you mean a partial or kit with some specialty grain?

Ive been doing a few partials. But have found a nice looking recipe in 'The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing' Its called Elbro Nerkte Brown Ale

3kg Muntons Dark plain malt extract
225g Crystal malt
110g Black patent malt
56g Fuggles (60 mins)
14g Fuggles or Cascade (final 5 - 10 mins)
16g gypsum (optional)
English or American Ale yeast

I have an IPA on at the moment with wyeast 1056 American ale, so once thats finished and bottle I will harvest the yeast and use it. Just have to remember how to wash it and then grow it.

Ive been doing a few partials. But have found a nice looking recipe in 'The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing' Its called Elbro Nerkte Brown Ale

3kg Muntons Dark plain malt extract
225g Crystal malt
110g Black patent malt
56g Fuggles (60 mins)
14g Fuggles or Cascade (final 5 - 10 mins)
16g gypsum (optional)
English or American Ale yeast

I have an IPA on at the moment with wyeast 1056 American ale, so once thats finished and bottle I will harvest the yeast and use it. Just have to remember how to wash it and then grow it.

Brew your next batch and dump it straight onto the yeast cake in the fermenter...heaps easier.

Scan1.jpeg
Scan2.jpeg
Hey Rob

Here's a recipe I used from a book I have called "Clone Brews".

It has partial and AG versions too.

Hope it helps

Brew your next batch and dump it straight onto the yeast cake in the fermenter...heaps easier.

unfortunatly i have already poured the yeast cake into jars to clean it. But in the future if i had just put the lid back on the fermenter and then left it for a week till I brewed my brown ale then pitch the wort straight in on top of the old cake, Right?

Back