Newbie Here.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyG

Reaction score
Hey All,

I thought I better introduce myself to everyone, I live in Melbourne, I work alongside another member off this board "therook".

My favorite stlye of beer is belgium wit beers, :lol:

I look forward to reading and sharing thought's and idea's with all of you.

BarneyG.

Welcome Aboard BarneyG

I too am a new brewer here and I also like belgium Wit I am at the moment getting geared up to brew one all grain. I have everything but can't find Bitter orange peel, no up here in Bundaberg sells it . And I have searched everywhere.
Regards
Andrew

Andrew, do you have a local chinese convenience store/supermarket? I picked up some dried orange peel for my belgian tripel at a chinese shop. It worked a treat.

- Snow

Snow
Thanks for the tip but we don't have any asian markets up here, I have even tried health food stores and supermarkets but they just look at me as if I was mad. Is it possible to use normal orange peel or am I getting too desperate.
regards
Andrew :(

Wow, first all grain and you are brewing a wit?

I salute you
as I salute all those brave or mad :)

look, just take the zest off an orange, and try that, adjust next time

brewers have always been a pragmatic bunch "Hmmm this pale ale a bit suss, lets add some dark malt and sell it as Amber Ale"

for dark malt sub fruit etc, so you are following in a 20,000 year old tradition

JM

Thanks JM
Sorry I led you astray I meant I was new to the forum, I have been brewing for 16 years but only started AG about 8 mths ago with about 8 lagers and 10 ales under the belt (AG). I will try the zest off an orange and see what happens do you think I should dry it?
Regards
Andrew

Latest posts

Back