Newbie ... Grain wannabee

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainer

The pursuit of Utopia
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have revitalised my desire to brew awesome beer.. I remember spending weekends brewing beer with my dad ..boiling the raw ingredients bottling etc.. even hopping into the alcoholic ginger beer and not realising it was alcoholic and mum getting pissed at dad cause I was a little pissed.

Now I would like to get into the gist of it again..however I would like to get into grain brewing .. wheat beers.. love em.. so to start off I have bought some kit beers.. the following

Ginger Beer x2 (One a added 750gm Honey and 250g Glucose)
Hoeharrten
Strongbow cider for the wife
Irish Red Ale

The kits were brought from Brewcraft, which is conveniently around the corner from me in Clayton... I have been doing a lot of reading into grain brewing and am now on the hunt for someone with the set up for a closer look and maybe a lesson or 2 locally so I can start setting up my own rig.. this site will be good for my steep learning curve :)

cheers

John

I'm not super close but you're welcome to come round one day when I'm brewing.

Fairly simple 2v/3v system. To start, I reckon you'd be well off looking at someone's simple BIAB rig and I know an award winning BIAB brewer in Bentleigh but not sure if he'll see this thread.

Anyway offer's there if you get nothing else. Just be polite to my cats.

Thanks for the offer..you are very generous..I would love to check it out
cheers

John

Send me a PM and we can cue something up. I generally brew most weekends.

Back