Newbie from Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I am in North Perth and just starting to educate myself about the homebrew process. Looking to get straight into All grain brewing. I enjoy Belgian beer and I would like to focus on this type of beer. I like the Trappist/Abbey Dubbels and Quads. Would like to connect with other Brewers from Perth and am open to any advice out there. Happy to be part of the forum

Hey Darren

Have a read over this if you haven’t already

https://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?t=153

Seeing as you have purchased Beersmith already you should be able to find a beer recipe that you like and scale it to size.

All grain is not hard to get into, I did my first homebrew based on the above info last year in November. The second batch was good so I bought a Robobrew.

Cleaning, sanitising and temperature control are the main factors for success.

Go to Brewmart for the grains yeast and other bits and great advice and service.

Good luck !

Hey Darren

Have a read over this if you haven’t already

https://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?t=153

Seeing as you have purchased Beersmith already you should be able to find a beer recipe that you like and scale it to size.

All grain is not hard to get into, I did my first homebrew based on the above info last year in November. The second batch was good so I bought a Robobrew.

Cleaning, sanitising and temperature control are the main factors for success.

Go to Brewmart for the grains yeast and other bits and great advice and service.

Good luck !
Great advice and I will def read it all.
As per my reply to your other post, the Brewzilla is def tempting. I need to go to brewmart and check out how much all of the other bits will be so I can get a total cost of entry.

It seems to be that the Brewzilla may only be a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than if I was to buy all the other bits separately. I plan on sticking with this so I could be better off just buying the Brewzilla up front.

Back