Newbee Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBeerBoss

Reaction score
Hi i bought a wander hmoe brew kit and all the pieces wher missing from the kit exept a few so i had to buy the rest. I bought a lil bottler so when bottling i reduce splashes in the bottle. i cant get the **** to go on my tap is it becuase maybe the tap and the bottler arnt matching im not too fussed as it only cost about $7 which makes me question its effectiveness. What should i do? what can replace this silly long bottler thing maybe something that might help straining out the sediment? jus a suggestion.
Help beer buddies
that sounds cool beer buddies! ahh beer and Buds all in the one sentence.LOL
EASILY AMUSED
PEACE

ADMIN EDIT : Lamnguage.

Put the end of the Little Bottler in some hot (just boiled?) water to soften the plastic and try inserting it into the tap end by gently rocking it slightly from side to side until it slides in.

Hope that works - Snow

Or buy a new fermenter with a tap that does fit the bottler. Then use as follows:

Ferment in new fermenter.

Rack into old fermenter after a few days to a week for clearing/conditioning.

A week or so later, rack back into new fermenter and bulk prime for bottling.

You will eventually want two (3,4,5,6...) fermenters anyway. Your best excuse for buying the 2nd so far is right in front of you.

i would return the fermenter to the place of purchase and get them to give you another one or a refund

I've had this problem a few times with different tap sizes on different fermenters.

I ended up just buying (Scrounging) a few different sizes tubes about 10cm in length so I can adapt as I need to.

Back