New Web Site

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
Grain and Grapes flyer also makes mention of a new web site.

http://www.microbrewing.com.au/

from Western Australia and a very interesting site plus an interesting top 100 homebrews as sampled by two knowledgable industry type people.Hasnt quite started yet but should be an interesting list when it gets going .

Cheers
Big D

Thanks for the link BigD. I like the idea of the website.

Cheers

BUSSELL and SEXTONE have come up with a rather novel way to score free beer. :lol:

Like their opinion matters to me. :ph34r:

Warren -

True warren but they could also be tasting some absolute shockers.

big d said:
[post="129382"][/post]​

I have already pissed in a bottle and sent it to them for tasting with Ashers name and address on it.

Guest Lurker said:
big d said:
[post="129382"][/post]​

I have already pissed in a bottle and sent it to them for tasting with Ashers name and address on it.
[post="129400"][/post]​

GL,
How did it rate?
Ashers beers seem be consumed by stewards fairly quick over here!
If only they knew!

cheers
Darren

BTW, I reckon I tried a real good porter of yours (from TDA) and the label said it had dog-shit in it. What was it called?

:party:

ROFLMAO Guest - that is bloody funny! (I'm assuming Asher is your friend!)

Thanks for the link BigD. I think Bussell and Sextone are going to be having a few big nights.

Guest Lurker said:
[post="129400"][/post]​

Judge's comment; Beautiful golden colour with a nice balancing acidity. :blink:

Warren

Roger Bussell is the Secretary of the The Institute of Brewing & Distilling - Asia Pacific Section this is a man that should be listened to with respect. In my brief dealings with him he has been unfailingly helpful and supportive.
If you have a problem beer or one that you are particularly proud of, feed back of this calibre is a resource to be treasured.

MHB

PistolPatch said:

Sorry, should have said, "I'm assuming Asher is your friend and that you were just taking the piss out of him."

PistolPatch said:
PistolPatch said:

Sorry, should have said, "I'm assuming Asher is your friend and that you were just taking the piss out of him."
[post="129507"][/post]​

Metaphorically or literally? :unsure:

ROFLMAOWSMB

Cheers, Andrew.

Related to the G&G letter, it would be tempting to rustle up a few k for the complete HERMS brewing system. Perhaps they should have an alum version.

Darren said:
GL,

BTW, I reckon I tried a real good porter of yours (from TDA) and the label said it had dog-shit in it. What was it called?

That was the famous "Big Shit Porter" brewed in the tradition of sumatran civet cat coffee. When you have seen GL's dogs you will understand

Roger Bussell is familiar to West Coast Brewers and is indeed a very wise and approachable brewer whose wealth of experience and brewing knowledge should be respected.
And I love the fact that he is a kit brewer! :p

Roger and Barry are beer gurus on an international scale. Roger often gives free advice to brewers in the microbrewing industry who look up to him. His palette feedback is why he was Chief Judge at the AIBA. "Rogers" beer is named after him (and Roger Bailey) for his input.

warrenlw63 - the reason why Roger and Barry are doing the "Bussell Sexstone Top 100" is because I asked them. Its the opportunity to get constructive feedback of your home brews. I hope they will taste some of the best beers they have ever tasted. Home brewing is the core of beer.

Hi Spesh (John)
Nice to see you on this site, there are a few other micros who contribute including the brewer from Grumpys in SA. Maybe put a post in the introduce yourself thread and let us know what is happening with nail ale.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...duce%20yourself

PS I didnt really send in a doctored bottle, although it would have been funny when Asher got the results, only because Roger probably already is aware of Ashers brewing skills and wouldnt have believed it

Back