New Toy, Esky With Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
NEW TOY

Hi I just built this, and thought someone might be interested in a look. The hose out the top is so I can use the small Co2 canasters for dispensing instead of carting along a gas cylinder. I just charge my kegs and take gas cylinders for disspensing, it does use a few but hey its portable and I just fill with ice. If you wondering the sticker on the front say 'Warning beer fridge do not place food or other contaminants in the fridge'.
Anyway I am pretty happy with it and it might give someone else some ideas.
Cheers

beer_box1.jpgbeer_box_2.JPG
Beer_Box_3.jpgBeer_Box_4.jpg

Damn fine effort, and bloody good end reslut if you ask me. Tips hat

Top stuff mate.. :icon_cheers: does it leak much though standing on its side?

you've got me thinking now..i have an sky just like that one laying around..hmmmm <_< may have
to convert it..

Cheers,

It leaking will be a good thing IMO, at least you won't have to empty the water out later. Good for camping and shit

-gets on knees and bows- i am not worthy, i am not worthy........

freakin GOLD! imaging the cash youd make selling those things!

NEW TOY
I just fill with ice

Is that one of those fisherman's ice boxes?

I looked at that for taking some kegs camping... exactly like what you have done, but I was concerned about how to keep the kegs cool?

Can you just put ice in them on their side and it won't leak out? or do you have to bag the ice or something?

:)

Is that one of those fisherman's ice boxes?

I looked at that for taking some kegs camping... exactly like what you have done, but I was concerned about how to keep the kegs cool?

Can you just put ice in them on their side and it won't leak out? or do you have to bag the ice or something?

:)

Yeah I think it is a fisherman's ice box they were on ebay about a year ago, its 135L. We put some ice bags in whole against the gaps between the kegs then broke some up and scattered with ice. Never noticed any leaks with it on its end all night but when opened and reclosed the next day it did leak a little.

Very handy work

I have a 200l plastic drum that I'm hoping to do something similar with
Going to be my esky/travel kegerator heheh

Latest posts

Back