New To Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weebeastie

Reaction score
Hi; I am about to make the move into kegging and considering purchasing this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIN-LOCK-XPERT-...=item19d14a192b

My first question is the old Pin Lock vs Ball Lock dilemma. Basically should I pay an xtra $30 bucks to get ball locks instead or really doesn't make any difference since I am only just starting.

Also would like some advice on cheap ways of getting CO2 (fire extinguishers included) in the Sunshine coast (Noosa) area.

Any help would be greately apprciated.

Cheers.

Hi Weebeastie,

I bought the ball lock set up from this supplier, could have a better tap but works a treat and a good starting point. I did drop back to 5mm line to solve pouring issues.

Peter

Hi,I've been kegging for a few years now, I must have somehow missed the pin lock - ball lock thing.... I now know I have ball lock! Having said this, I have been very happy with it since day one and could not find a reason to change.
As for the cheap stuff. I'm in north bris, and in QLD (apparently), we are a bit more strict with what and how we fill our Co2. The best advice I can give you, is decide where you will fill your bottle/tank, and go see them. See what they are willing to fill. They have all, "seen it all before", so I found they are also the best to advise you.
My 2cents, spend the money for the gear, buy a proper Co2 bottle and never look back. Make sure you get a good quality reg, the cheap ones are very cheap! The one in your kit looks good to me though.
Step 17... Have lots of fun balancing your system. Lots of info in these forums helped me heaps when it came to that. Great once it's sorted though.
Cheers,
John

If you have a LHBS nearby go see them first,at least you can pop in any time with questions or problems,
Anywhooo welcome to the world of kegging and beyond you wont look back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Back