New to Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTR_Sniper

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined the forum so I thought I would reach out and say hi.

I am a long time drinker of beer but have only recently started brewing with a Pale ale extract and some additional hops.

I enjoy Pale Ale, IPA and IIPA's mainly but am never opposed to trying something new.

Not turning out as I expected due to the cold AF weather of late (Sydney) but I guess it's all part of the journey.

Looking forward to learning, as well as contributing to the forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome. This Sydney weather is great for brewing lagers at the moment. But look into a temp controller for your fridge. Makes a huge difference to your beer

When the weather was real cold I used to put over the fermenter a couple of t shirts, a jumper and then a garbage bag. Worked really well.

When the weather was real cold I used to put over the fermenter a couple of t shirts, a jumper and then a garbage bag. Worked really well.

Great idea i think ill dress up thr fermenter tonight and see how it goes.

Hi All,

Not turning out as I expected due to the cold AF weather of late (Sydney) but I guess it's all part of the journey.

Hi Chris, welcome to AHB. These guys are unreal, they've taught me everything I know!

I'm 2 hours south of Sydney and my three fermenters are full of lagering brews. I love brewing in winter now but I remember how much i struggled a few years back. I suggest you master the pale ale first before taking on challenging lagers.

Happy brewing
Garf

Back