New? temp controller pre-wired

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$55 is ridiculously cheap considering iBrew have a similar unit for $165!

Wonder if it's any good?

Nice one

I have just hooked up a wired Keg King unit, as i know that I should not play with electricity..........

That was 95 bucks to Adelaide so that one looks a steel

Yup that is the one

Bugger I paid $16 bucks more, but hey its hooked up and doing it thing so I'm happy

printed forms section said:
i'd query the 16ampedness of it... the earth socket looks like standard 10amp size to me.
Good pickup, looks like good ol Keg King / Chinese quality.

QldKev said:
Good pickup, looks like good ol Keg King / Chinese quality.
and it doesn't help make it clearer than mud than 10amp circuits generally have 16amp breakers on them and a 15amp circuit is usually a 20amp breaker... confuddles the masses very easily.

nice looks like a good price .. would like to here some feed back on any one who has brought one ?

Are they being certified or tested and tagged.?

ralphstralph said:
nice looks like a good price .. would like to here some feed back on any one who has brought one ?
I have the keg king one. Does the job, and have no complaints. I didn't wanna risk playing around with wires, and this was so simple to set up. Got mine from National Homebrew, I think it was a similar price to the ones on eBay, just much better service.

Rambo said:
I have the keg king one. Does the job, and have no complaints. I didn't wanna risk playing around with wires, and this was so simple to set up. Got mine from National Homebrew, I think it was a similar price to the ones on eBay, just much better service.
Like Rambo I have the keg king one. It works well.. Haven't had to worry about dodgy home electrical jobs.

barls said:
Are they being certified or tested and tagged.?
Certified I would say yes so it meets aussie standards,tested and tagged is the purchasers/ users choice.

the one in the op I'd say the seller is out of stock, as the price is now $600, noticed though, looking at the sales history, they have raised the price from the $50 initially started at to $60, the last one sold at.

Looks pretty interesting though at $60 even, assuming a turnkey solution.

I agree with others with its ease of set up and use.

Mine arrived Monday, brew went in Tuesday. Holding temp really well; have it set from high of 18.2 to low of 18, always sitting at these or in-between. I just taped the temp sensor directly to the outside of the fermenter, used al-foil plus styrofoam to insult again the fridge temps, seems pretty good (I assume that there is a difference as its through the plastic, but the volume of the wort should at least warm the plastic to close to what it sitting at)

And to think, only two weeks ago my brain had never kicked into gear that I could retro fit the old fridge we don't use with a temp control unit and brew at a cooler temp (I was always of the belief to brew at 23-25C!) and overall a more stable temperature!

Thanks all on AHB!

Untitled.pngHoly snap, looks like the exchange rate took a hit (taken from the web site 2 mins ago)

spog said:
Certified I would say yes so it meets aussie standards,tested and tagged is the purchasers/ users choice.
care to post a pic of said approval number listed on the item then..
If not then I'll say not certified.
Every thing sold in Oz needs to have certification by the relevant authorities and generally it's listed on said item.

Latest posts

Back