New system New method all ok

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
I've been doing BIAB for about a year, and prior to that had collected a fair amount of gear aiming toward a 3v, at christmas I got a 10 gal igloo cooler for my new mash tun. So today for the first time I rigged up a gravity feed in the kitchen, using just 2v, so so impressed with myself hit all the numbers, and the day was smooth and easy bar a minor boil over (mainly due to my impatience, I had waited 20 minutes for the boil to start, felt it was taking too long and so I put the 2400w ots in, well that brought it to full boil over in like 90 seconds). It was a long day had to wait for my brew assistants to have their nap but both were well behaved, mashed in at 9:30 and was all done bar the washing up by 3:30. Wort chilling in the ferment fridge 80% efficiency(brew house) and starter is ready for pitching in the morning. Now the conundrum is I'm still getting parts togeather for my brauclone, after today I think I might need to get some work done on the old 18 gal tooheys keg I have in the shed and get a pump or two. Then finish the CFC.

Any one doing biab and thinking of heading down this path, I can only say give it a go, was a really enjoyable day.

Pics to follow prolly tomorrow :)

Yeah, I find having the extra vessels to play with strangely (perversely?) enjoyable too.

Take your brewing outside (if you situation allows it) and it gets even better. Downright relaxing (until clean-up time).

yeah that would mean a brew stand..... it never ends!!! Actually brew stand in in the long term plan, have an arch sitting in the shed, just time and money ....it'll get there ;)

MastersBrewery said:
yeah that would mean a brew stand..... it never ends!!! Actually brew stand in in the long term plan, have an arch sitting in the shed, just time and money ....it'll get there ;)
I pile all my gear on milk crates and bricks and stuff. You don't need a stand if that's what is getting in your way.

bum said:
I pile all my gear on milk crates and bricks and stuff. You don't need a stand if that's what is getting in your way.
Agreed - mine is on bricks, milk crates and a cut out table. Cheap as shit.
BBB

first brew in a while and finally got the rig semi sorted. It was also the first brew I've done using the new pump, almost stuck the sparge!
20130713_153434.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with how things went overall still getting used to using the burner ended up with 50l of1051 efficiency of 84. Almost finished polishing up the kettle I can't remember who on here commented on it need a polish up and it has taken alot of work so far, in the end I'll be happy I did it.
20130713_153402.jpg

Back