Quantcast

New Server

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Is it just me/my system, or is the new server a bit slower at sending pages, and giving a "this page can not be displayed" error about 1 in 10 attempts. They still come up in the end by refreshing, but on my broadband connection it seems a bit slower in recent times.

dane

Reaction score
Hmm i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I will leave this thread open to see if others are having the same issue.

Maybe the google ads have added a small amount of load time. I am working on a number or things which should give the whole site a bit of a refresh.

I haven't recieved a "page can't be displayed" message since the server move.

Anyone else having similar issues.

I have readded the server loadtimes/info bar at the bottom.

[ Script Execution time: 0.0987 ] [ 13 queries used ] [ GZIP Enabled ]

Let me know what other people are getting.

SteveSA

Reaction score
No biggies really but since you asked....

I've noticed a couple of oddities since moving servers too. Nothing to do with speed but I've had the "this page cannot be displayed" message a few times a day.

Also, sometimes the Recent Topics list doesn't appear at all.

Finally, and most annoying is when I select a Recent Topic I'm no longer taken to the first post that I haven't read. This is mostly ok through the day but when checking at the start of the day it seems to drop me in the middle of the thread. Just means the scroll wheel gets a bit of work.

dane

Reaction score
I'll have a look through my stats to see what might be causing the intermitent page can't be displayed.

Regarding the recent topic list, in the current form it should take you to the last post you read and if you haven't read the thread before it will take you to the last post.

Is this not happening? I know if you haven't viewed the thread before it would be nice to go to the fisrt post but I don't think that is possible.

Is this happening to others?

Let me know and I will put this on my "to do" list.

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
The recipes section is still giving errors

Warning: main(footer.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1083

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1083

SteveSA

Reaction score
dane said:
Regarding the recent topic list, in the current form it should take you to the last post you read and if you haven't read the thread before it will take you to the last post.
That's right. This is exactly how it happened prior to moving servers. Now it will take me to much later posts than those I have read last.

I think that makes sense :huh:

GO THE POWER!!

dane

Reaction score
jgriffin said:

Warning: main(footer.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1083

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1083
Damn...never even thought about checking the old poor recipe DB.

Hmm ok i'll sort that out.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
dane said:
jgriffin said:

Damn...never even thought about checking the old poor recipe DB.

Hmm ok i'll sort that out.
I'm still getting these errors in the Recipe section too.

Warning: main(footer.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1123

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cre8ing/aussiehomebrewer.com/html/forum/cyberbrau/recipe.php on line 1123
Beers,
Doc

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
I sent dane a copy of the new recipe engine which should do away with the legacy cyberbrau stuff. It doesn't have the full functionality of CB yet but that can be added on once it is up and running and ppl give some kinda priority on what whould be added first.

I would suggest once dane has set it up the old one gets the flick ... I will work on features on the run but its all templated so it should let dane make it look a lot better and make updates easier.

I get the errors too :)

Site does seem to be slower also? Not sure its the php board side of it but rather than a data transfer slowness, script execution may well be 0.1s but load time on ADSL is much slower than it used to be :(

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Yeah the site does seem slow. Feels like the DB is being flogged and taking a long time to return the data for the page construction.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Yep definitely slower for me too (on ADSL).
The slowest part lately has just been the search. I guess it will slow down as there is more to search but it has been noticable all of a sudden.

Look forward to seeing the new Recipe stuff Jason.

Beers,
Doc

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
fwiw today it took a few attempts to log on.all i got was pages of comp speak/script.its happened a few times now.i just log off and come back later.seems to work.

cheers
big d

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
I have very noticed that it is slow to display when you first log on, similar to the problem they had with the Brews and Views board, I am not sure but I think it had something to do with archiving???

Andrew (who knows nothing about computers)

Latest posts