New Round Techniice Cooler - 35 litre

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
Techniice in Melbourne have brought out a new, round 35 litre cooler with thick insulation (on lid as well).

Might be good mash tun, and an alternative to those US-made Rubbermaid 10 Gall coolers (and local clones).

$129 and free delivery in Vic ($20 elsewhere except WA and NT which is $30)

If the insulation is as good as on the rectangular Techniice coolers they should be very good at holding mash temps.

Anyone used one as a mash tun yet?

Or got pics of the inside and tap set-up?

Link to website: http://www.techniice.com/ice-boxes/drink-dispenser.html

(no affil.)

barrel_02_03.jpg

price seems close to my 10 gal igloo delivered from the states, though as you pointed out the lid is hollow, just haven't got around to filling it with space invader....the can looks at me every time I walk in the shed. Nice find I'm sure there'll be some takers. Don't supose you know internal dimesions?

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but dimensions given on the website are:

Outer Casing

44CM (W) x 44CM (L) x 67CM (H);

Inner Casing

28CM (W) x 28CM (L) x 48CM (H);

Insulation Density

5CM;

Outside Dimensions Lid

44CM (W);

Outside Dimensions Base

44CM (W);

I wish they made one that could fit a 19l corny!

FYI - just got a reply from the sales staff at Techniice. They say that the hole is threaded just like they are on their rectangular coolers. So I guess whatever ball valve set-up works with them should work with the 35 L round cooler as mash tun.

I also asked them if they could put up some pics of the inside on their website, and that it would be good if they brought out a 50 L version of this.

Back