New 'research' - no more than 4 drinks/day!!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
New 'research' says its unhealthy to have more than four standard drinks a day, and no more than 10 per week.

Geez, in footy season I would be maxing out the daily limit by half time and the weekly limit by tea time on Sunday.

Anyway, listen to the rebuttal by the bloke representing the alcohol industry.

Pretty sure that's not new research.

When I did my RSA a couple years ago it was the recommended intake.

Pretty sure they came out a couple years ago and stated if you eat less than 3 serves of salmon a week its a risk but more than 2 its a risk.

Asbestos is fine. Fiskville isn't an issue. The sun doesn't cause cancer. Take it all with a grain of salt and a schooey of beer.

We've known for a long time that no more than 4 std drinks on one occasion and about 10 in total per week (i.e. ~6 beers) is about the safe limit.

Of course, the dose makes the poison and everyone makes their own decisions about acceptable risk. Generally, Australians drink wayyyyy too much alcohol though.

All the more reason not to waste your alotment of standard drinks on megaswill.

"mind you his teeth are rooted. " That keeps them from falling out. Of course, I never make topographical errors or spel words rong.

On on side of my family tree are teetotalers, on the other hard drinkers. Based on that highly scientific sample and valid comparison, I'll keep brewing and consuming.

Last edited:
I believe his had his teeth fixed. So now his wallet's rooted. Dirty old mouth.

Back