New Pisshead In Town

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky

Reaction score
Cyber hugs everyone!

As a matter of courtesy I should start a new thread and introduce myself, so here I am.

I have always had a passing interest in brewing my own beer, but nothing really became of it - until Saturday. The lovely bride bought me a home brewing kit for my birthday so now I have no excuse. I've walked past the home brew shop in Caloundra Christ knows how many times so I guess I really should go in there now and make myself known.

I have a pretty eclectic taste in beer. I'll try just about anything once. Now I need to get stuck in here and try to learn as much as possible.

I play golf. I drink piss. I live in the Sunshine Coast. I don't have too much to complain about.

See you around,
Spanky.

Quite a few kindred spirits now up the Coast, you'll be in good company. Just a word - it's a wicked time of year to start brewing in QLD without temperature control, try and find some way of keeping the brew at below 20 degrees during fermentation, and you should have good results.

Thanks everyone.

Bribie G said:
Quite a few kindred spirits now up the Coast, you'll be in good company. Just a word - it's a wicked time of year to start brewing in QLD without temperature control, try and find some way of keeping the brew at below 20 degrees during fermentation, and you should have good results.
Yeah, I have very low expectations of my first brew. Climate control in the house is set to 22 deg, and the supposed "right" temp for the kit was 25 deg. It seems to be bubbling away happily enough.

If I have low expectations I can't be disappointed.

22 should be good, ignore the 25 - as others here will suggest as well :lol:

Bribie G said:
22 should be good, ignore the 25 - as others here will suggest as well :lol:
Yeah. Figured that one out for myself.

:huh:

Welcome to AHB Spanky.

You will learn a lot about brewing on here, with members ranging from starters like yourself up to comercial and micro masterbrewers.

There is not much in the way of questions that cant be answered.

There is also about 10 years of posts and topics to research and read........ which should keep you home from that game that spoils a good walk once you get the bug :p

cheers

Ah Tony. Brewing my own beer can only enhance my game.

As for reading 10 years worth of posts/topics - it is starting to give me information overload. I need a beer.

ps - Which forum member was kind enough to model for your avatar?

Back