New Papazian Book

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Reading through the latest BYO mag, and I see that Charlie Papazian has a new book coming out - Microbrewed Adventures : A Lupulin Filled Journey to the Heart and Flavor of the World's Great Craft Beers

Here is a link to it on Amazon
From trading recipes with the bad boys of American beer to drinking Czech-Mex cerveza in Tijuana and hanging out in the beer gardens of Africa, Charlie Papazian has seen, and tasted, it all.

Microbrewed Adventures is your shotgun seat to unique, eccentric and pioneering craft-brews and the fascinating people who create them. Travel with Charlie as he crisscrosses America and circles the globe in search of the most flavor-packed beers. Along with discovering the master brews of Bavaria, secret recipes for mead and the traditional beers of Zimbabwe, you will find lessons on proper beer tasting and read interviews with American master brewers including those of Dogfish Head, Magic Hat, Rogue Ales, Stone Brewing and Brooklyn Brewery. Charlie also includes special homebrew recipes inspired by the innovative brewers who are making some the best beer in the world.

Beers,
Doc

might be worth considering packaging up with brew like a monk from Amazon when both are available

MWS

Is this the next AHB Bulk Buy :)

markws said:
might be worth considering packaging up with brew like a monk from Amazon when both are available

MWS
[post="75531"][/post]​

GMK said:
Is this the next AHB Bulk Buy :)
[post="75557"][/post]​

Sounds like a great plan.
Good to see we have a couple of volunteers to organise it too.
Top work fellas.

Beers,
Doc

Didn't know they had monks in the Amazon?

I have had brew like a monk on backorder for AGES and AGES at amazon.

This is being released in a day or so.
Anyone else in Syd want to go in and order together to save on shipping and get it sooner ?
Looking to order on Tuesday.

Beers,
Doc

yep, I'd be in Doc.

How much is it & how/when do I pay you?

Jez

actually, sorry Doc.

I also want to order "New brewing Lager Beer" from Amazon as well so I guess I need to withdraw and go it alone...

...unless me ordering the 2 books (although different titles) will help the shipping?

Prolly not but huh?

--- Hey, just noticed this is my 101th Post - I'm now a "Partial Man". Awesome - one more rung up the ladder :beer:

Jez

The book is US$10.85.
Shipping cost will be dependant on how many guys come in on the order. Ideally more than 3 to spread the cost so we can get the fast delivery so we don't have to wait 6 weeks. It takes about 10 days for the books to arrive after shipping using the fast delivery option.
I'll give direct deposit bank details after the order goes in.

Beers,
Doc

Edit: Typo

It is more the number of individuals in the order to bring the shipping cost down.
Therefore it doesn't really need to be the new Papazian book.
I also wouldn't mind getting Brewing Up a Business: Adventures in Entrepreneurship from the Founder of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery by Sam Calagione Amazon link

Doc

...but can I still order the Noonan book "New Brewing Lager Beer" in the same order or is it going to stuff up the calculations of what each orderer pays?

Now I've thought about it, a 2 book order from me plus a 1 book order from you makes 3 orders already? Or does it have to be the same title......

...or maybe its the effects of my visit to "World of Beers" at Northmead this arvo :blink:

what a nice shop

matterofacttimeforanotherfromthefridge :beerbang:

Jez

sorry Doc.

took me too long to type.

cool. I'm in for both then - & the prolly dogfish book too....

will confirm prior to Tues

jez

just followed & read your Amazon link Doc - I'm in for the Dogfish book too please.

As I work in the CBD can even personally collect it from you at your work in the Rocks if possible to save on postage - would be nice to meet a brewing celeb :D

Jez

I'm in again Doc.....
LCPA and Emu pizza this time maybe.??

Excellent. Sounds like we have three of us to spread the cost of shipping over. Waiting for confimation from Jez on what books he wants.

Will do the calcs on estimates for the shipping cost tonight.

Beers,
Doc

PS: I've had mixed results on the Emu pizza KoNG. Maybe another combo.

maybe the... LCPA/LCPA/LCPA combo....?

either way... mark me down for a copy, i've only a couple pages left on "brew like a monk".!
and my designing great beers is on back order from dymocks for a month.. bugger.!

Doc,

Put me down for one as well - heck I can even make the Australian to pick it up :D

(I love a Pizza and Pilsner Afternoon)

Trev

No problem Trev.

Jez. Are you in ? What are you in for ? I want to get the order in this morning.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back