New member intro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve purchased the Morgans premium starters kit
I chose the lager because of the colder weather lately after researching.
I haven’t made a homebrew for 20 years!
20 years ago 6 blew up in the cupboard while we were away so my friends and I drank them immediately they tasted like rubbish /Vegemite because I added extra yeast and extra sugar I was barred from making them by the wife.
I put the brew down on 25 November and for the last five days it’s been a constant SG reading 1010 so today I opened it up and give it a stir will see how it goes🙏
Thanks for the warm welcome

Hey JPH, first off welcome secondly don’t open and stir the fermenter if you need to agitate it. Just gently do it otherwise you are adding oxygen into the brew which you don’t want. Thirdly by opening your inviting the risk of wild yeast into the brew which as well as the oxygen can give you off flavours. Keep the fermenter closed until bottling or kegging. Hope that helps and happy brewing

Last edited:
Great advice
Shotgun07
Thanks for the greetings
Mate I’m only new to brewing myself hence why I’m all over the easy mistakes to make. Any advice I can help with please feel free to ask

Welcome to the forum, JPH. Enjoy!

Back